• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fuck 2013

I have no complaints about 2013. At the end of it, I feel that much more settled here in Portland and love the strides I've made in getting involved in various activities and groups. Found a new love (cyclocross), got a promotion, and generally feel like things went well.
That said, I've got some freaking high hopes for 2014.

LET'S GO.

2013 was all about implementing Obamacare and it took a toll on my health (I do appreciate the irony).

So while we continue to fix and implement, 2014 is gonna be about health, parenting, wife and friends. If I get fired, so be it. The hell just isnt worth it...

2013 was also the worst year of my life as well.

Not the worst year for me (and not really bad compared to most people). But it wasn't great either. Went through two different bosses at work which was stressful, but the new boss isn't too bad.

Worst thing was tearing my labrum in July playing tennis and thus being sidelined from pretty much all sports activity for 6 months. It also meant picking up my son was about impossible, especially for the 7-8 weeks after surgery. First major sports injury I have ever had; here is to an injury free 2014. On top of the surgery, everything in the house or on the cars seemed to break this and need fixing in August.

So nothing life changing, but sucky still.

I am on the side of FUCK 2013 as well. In a small inner group of Greensboro we lost FOUR friends to ALS! The emotional strain among my peers, not to mention the suffering of our friends was gut wrenching. I am THRILLED to kick off a new year.

I am on the side of FUCK 2013 as well. In a small inner group of Greensboro we lost FOUR friends to ALS! The emotional strain among my peers, not to mention the suffering of our friends was gut wrenching. I am THRILLED to kick off a new year.

Lou Gehrig's disease? How is that even possible?

After watching people die of ALS and Parkinson's, I've decided that those have to be one of the worst if not the worst diseases to suffer from. It's such a long death and you loose all motor skills. It's horrible to be a family me,ber or a friend or a family member.

Trust me we have all asked ourselves the same question. Two of the friends were in their 40’s two were my parents generation in their late 60’s early 70’s. As noted here by me in several threads, one was a Deac faithful like no other I have ever met, and honestly my love for the Deacs was boosted by “Layup” (his board name).
Lou Gehrig's disease? How is that even possible?

My wife and I had our anno horriblis in 2010, so I know how you feel. 2013 was pretty good, but I'm hoping for big things out of 2014, especially being able to care about Wake sports again.

2013 was mediocre until the end of the year. Hopefully we can create more momentum in 2014 and make it a great year.

Trust me we have all asked ourselves the same question. Two of the friends were in their 40’s two were my parents generation in their late 60’s early 70’s. As noted here by me in several threads, one was a Deac faithful like no other I have ever met, and honestly my love for the Deacs was boosted by “Layup” (his board name).
That's awful. I am sorry for your losses.

2013 was a bad year for me. Glad to see it gone. After fighting it for over a year, my mom died of breast cancer in September. I began having health problems in May. Lack of energy, hot flashes/sweats, increased blood pressure, and just not wanting to do anything but stay in bed or sit in the recliner were my symptoms. My doctor thought it might be heart problems, but a cardiologist checked me out and said my heart was fine. I had been taking monthly testosterone shots, but they quit working and so I was prescribed AndroGel 1.62%. It must have been low testosterone, because the AndroGel has made me feel a lot better.

If any of you guys have symptoms of low testosterone, go get a blood test and get it checked. If you do get or have low T, I recommend AndroGel. Rub it on your upper arms, shoulders, and upper chest like the instructions say, and after a couple of weeks or so, you'll begin to feel a lot better.

Here's to everyone a Happy and Healthy 2014.

Last edited:
Back