• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The size of our home basketball stadium

I think it’s fair to be honest that the Joel is too big for us. Even when we are good. It’s also dishonest to suggest that having a smaller arena would somehow make us better. Hire a good coach. Any money that would spent to build a new arena can just go to a new coach’s salary over 5 years. Our facilities are competitive. Our coaching is not.

We disagree about that. And you are now calling me dishonest. No problem. Life has scoreboards.

No points. Just wins. Unlike Wake Forest. Life losers. Alums like you cause us to suck. No wonder we aren't a top 25 school. Old, broke folks.

How do you explain 2013, when we were a top 25 university (ranked #23)?

I don't even care whether we get a bigger, smaller, better or worse arena or even basketball team and I can see as clear as day that the Joel is way too dang big for WFU basketball. Also, I was there in the Duncan, Paul, and other times when we were a top 10 school and we ONLY sold out a few games a year, and even then the place had many opposing fans helping us fill out those seats. Stop saying we'll fill it up if we just have a good enough team. It won't happen regularly and even when it does it willl be because State, UNC, or Duke fans are showing up in droves.

This is like buying a freaking huge SUV or pickup truck for the 2 days per year you might use it.

I don't even care whether we get a bigger, smaller, better or worse arena or even basketball team and I can see as clear as day that the Joel is way too dang big for WFU basketball. Also, I was there in the Duncan, Paul, and other times when we were a top 10 school and we ONLY sold out a few games a year, and even then the place had many opposing fans helping us fill out those seats. Stop saying we'll fill it up if we just have a good enough team. It won't happen regularly and even when it does it willl be because State, UNC, or Duke fans are showing up in droves.

This is like buying a freaking huge SUV or pickup truck for the 2 days per year you might use it.

Then hiring Keith Richards to drive it.

not true, when Paul was playing we were selling out exibition games against WSSU.

Stop talking about Duke. They have a good coach and 4-5 NBA first rounders every year. Coaching and players outweigh arena size.

Yup and add to the fact that Duke has had an impressive 30 year run. That kind of helps bring people out to the games.

Back