• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Carolina BBall & FBall Players Can't Read Very Well

If you asked UNC fans if they would trade their usual top 3 finishes in the ACC (basketball) every year for guys that could read, go to class, don't cheat, don't get thrown off the team and take your chances with how those guys would finish each year....do you think they'd do it?

Love, LOVE this picture / caption combo.

fQYX6A0.png

How did I miss the Hansbrough thing until now?

http://www.wncn.com/story/24396814/...-threats-following-report-on-athlete-literacy

Follow up with more comments from Willingham, who has received death threats for her comments.

"I am speaking out because the young men I worked with here deserved better than what we offered them," Willingham told WNCN. "The scholarship agreement is often fraudulent. We promise an education in exchange for talent, and that's not what we are providing to many of these young people at our school and at schools across the country."

We better negative-recruit the hell out of that. No parent should allow their child to go to that system.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/state_region/article_2cf782cf-0d7f-5b9a-8a23-27a04927ec98.html/?clear_cache

“The University of North Carolina doesn’t do that,” he said of admitting students who can’t read. “The University of North Carolina doesn’t stand for that. And I think it’s – I don’t believe it’s true, and I’m really, really bothered by the whole thing. People have taken their chances and (have been) beating up on us for quite a while. But we’re going to survive this.

“And I’m really proud of my kids. Anybody says anything like that like – that’s not right. And every kid – and I can’t say others – but I know what the program’s been for 100 years. Every one of the kids that we’ve recruited in 10 years you’d take home with you and let (them) guard your grandchildren. And I’m really proud of my kids.”

Really Roy? You'd let PJ guard your grandchildren but you won't let him play on your team? Good news is that he'd definitely have a gun and backup he could call in.

The coaches stayed out of the news when all of this was revealed in the past. The fact that Roy is now speaking out tells me that it's about to get good. I predict a health related retirement for Roy when this thing explodes.

Really Roy? You'd let PJ guard your grandchildren but you won't let him play on your team? Good news is that he'd definitely have a gun and backup he could call in.

The coaches stayed out of the news when all of this was revealed in the past. The fact that Roy is now speaking out tells me that it's about to get good. I predict a health related retirement for Roy when this thing explodes.

Just don't ask him to read the grandkids bedtime stories.

I have decided it is time we set aside differences and make a donation to UNC basketball. A fund should be started to donate a Dick and Jane Run and Jump book or the whole series Wonder what kind of response we would get when if mailed to the basketball office.

Indeed. I can't wait to see what UNC's response is now that they have been shown to have lied about their knowledge of Willingham's data. I also want to see Roy's response to Willingham's offer to meet. She totally called Roy out. It is amazing what has happened in the last couple days. This could be the beginning of the end.

Back