• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach, I just have to ask...

Be prepared to hear this exact stat from the AD when he's brought back.

Come to think of it if Bz ever wins another road game his WF road win percentage will double at the sound of the buzzer. Wonder if Wellman will throw a parade.

Clearly road game outcomes fall more on the shoulders of coaches than home. They have to know how to coach a team to be patient, self motivated, and disciplined to know what to do in many circumstances. This coach is incapable of that and therefore any road win is an aberration. Couple that with the extra pressure on him and the team and the combination is insurmountable.

Never mind of getting tired of all the fan or (limited) media outrage, which he claims not to hear anyway, does he never just get tired of losing, period? Simply for his own pride's sake? I know $1.3mm cures a lot of ails, but over this long a period of time, failing that much in your chief vocational objective must be totally demeaning on some level. You chose to enter a professional defined chiefly by a literal win-loss number. Do you just develop an immunity to it? I guess that explains the self-defensive mechanism to blame circumstances or other people. When you're setting historical records for incompetence you must have to have some methodology in place just to face the challenges each morning.

I'm guessing his methodology involves logging into his bank account, and then taking in a quick Stuart Smalley promotional message.

I believe Wake will beat V Tech on the road and the State game is an interesting one because we'll have a week to prepare.

Never mind of getting tired of all the fan or (limited) media outrage, which he claims not to hear anyway, does he never just get tired of losing, period? Simply for his own pride's sake? I know $1.3mm cures a lot of ails, but over this long a period of time, failing that much in your chief vocational objective must be totally demeaning on some level. You chose to enter a professional defined chiefly by a literal win-loss number. Do you just develop an immunity to it? I guess that explains the self-defensive mechanism to blame circumstances or other people. When you're setting historical records for incompetence you must have to have some methodology in place just to face the challenges each morning.

I'm guessing his methodology involves logging into his bank account, and then taking in a quick Stuart Smalley promotional message.

Simple. Blame the players, night in and night out.

Of course, Colorado has won 20+ games in each of the years since Bzzz hasbeen inflicted upon Wake. I expect Wellman to point to that saying Bzzz put all those pieces together for another coach to benefit from versus seeing it as an indication that Bzzz was the problem.

Of course, Colorado has won 20+ games in each of the years since Bzzz hasbeen inflicted upon Wake. I expect Wellman to point to that saying Bzzz put all those pieces together for another coach to benefit from versus seeing it as an indication that Bzzz was the problem.

Yes, as has been discussed in detail in previous threads, the bulk of the players starting in Boyle's 2nd year weren't recruited by [Redacted]. The foundation [Redacted] laid wasn't taking Colorado anywhere, not once one of those evil two and done players left.

Back