• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

Bit of foreshadowing in the title. Auf wiedersehen is a German goodbye, but it literally means "until we see each other again". It's not usually used over the phone ("Auf Wiederhoren" is used instead)-unless it is anticipated that the following meeting is face-to-face.

Loved the laser thing, if only because I did that several times by accident as a grad student.

Lalo is an strong addition to the story. Very different approach from the other Salamancas.

Of course Jimmy's reinstatement was denied. Now we get another year!

I kind of feel like this season may be the best season of the show. I don't know - been a while since I've seen Seasons 1 and 2, but this current season is strong.

I think you could make a strong argument for any season as the best season.

I won't argue with that. The craftsmanship of this show is just something else. Having Saul and The Deuce on simultaneously is pretty great as far as shows being made by people who just know exactly how to make a TV show.

The mark against this season is that it's really a transition season, a transition season within a show about transition. When you look back, what happened this season?

The Salamancas changed leadership.
Gus is building the superlab with Mike's help.
Jimmy adopted the Saul name to sell phones and begins his interest in criminal law.
Kim gets in over her head as Mesa Verde expands, but becomes partner in a new firm to compensate.

In the grand scheme of things, that isn't much. And we know that it is a transition into a new stage of rivalry between Gus and the Salamancas. We know it's a stage in between Jimmy and Saul. But it's so well done that to a point, it doesn't matter.

Just wanted to go on record that I love this fucking show, maybe even more than Breaking Bad, which isn't fair since it's a prequel to BB. But screw it.

I love Lalo. I hope he's a driving force of Season 5. He's the first character that's done sinister with a smile in the BB/BCS universe.

For all the talk of Kim's tragic demise, it sure would be fun as hell if it turns out that she's the Henri Ducard of this whole thing.

For all we know we’ve seen 3 or 4 days of future Saul’s life. The final scene of the show could be future Kim coming back home from a business trip.

After BCS, I’m all for a show about Jesse trying to go straight.

For all we know we’ve seen 3 or 4 days of future Saul’s life. The final scene of the show could be future Kim coming back home from a business trip.

After BCS, I’m all for a show about Jesse trying to go straight.

oh damn

Sorry to keep harping on the Gus origin story, but supposedly coatis don't live in Chile, and that anecdote may cast doubt on Gus's claims of being born there.

Great season. Lalo vs. Gus is going to be tremendous next season.

The look on Kim's face at the end when Jimmy turned around and said "Sa'll good, man." Damn.

I wonder how Mike disposes of bodies pre-meeting Walter White. Since in BB they just used acid and Mike hadn't heard of that.

I assume we need to see a "half-measures" episode with Mike as well.

Lalo pulling some Jedi shit hopping into the ceiling to ace the money wire guy was a bit much, but otherwise, what a spectacular season finale.

I wonder if this means Gale will be a bigger part of next season.

Back