• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

Strange that they set up Nacho to be so (seemingly) critical to this season's narrative and we haven't really seen him for a couple weeks

i have a feeling it's b/c it's a show written to be binged but is being aired traditionally

i have a feeling it's b/c it's a show written to be binged but is being aired traditionally

Well there are three main storylines that are done in considerable depth. Can’t do everybody at once.

"Better Call Saul" Season 4 premiere Monday (August 6)

plus, isn't he supposed to be recovering

Yeah. And the cousins are back in Mexico until the heat is off.

Actually ITC, you don’t have to keep everybody in every ep if people are watching three at a time.

Strange that they set up Nacho to be so (seemingly) critical to this season's narrative and we haven't really seen him for a couple weeks

Is he that critical or was he just a vehicle to get Hector into the wheelchair and the twins back to Mexico?

Is he that critical or was he just a vehicle to get Hector into the wheelchair and the twins back to Mexico?

He's the Ignacio Saul refers to when Walt and Jesse kidnap him and take him out to the desert. I'm guessing he will continue to be relevant.

man, I loved this ep with Huell so much. The wife and I literally groaned with frustration when the end credits came on.

This is such a brilliant show. The huge turning point today felt so organic. the writers had to get to a certain point and how they got there made perfect sense.

I think how this episode progressed helped explain why we haven’t seen much of Nacho. They needed to spend more time with other stories to set up this one.

just ruthless the way way Gus cut off Hector's care, leaving him a prisoner in his own body

And then he treated the doctor to dinner. Just cold.

It's crazy that we know how Hector gets his revenge, but we can still appreciate this story. Just amazing storytelling.

harmonious, I'm curious what you mean. I don't expect Saul to set up shop in the store front in the next episode or even this season.

there was a big time jump this episode, getting us closer to Jimmy getting his license back. we're almost to (at?) 2004 and I think(?) BB starts in 2006 so it would stand to reason that Jimmy would need to become Saul sooner rather than later to develop the reputation he has in BB in such a short time. everyone knows who he is, not just from ads but also the DEA and cops do because they've dealt with him a lot.

BB started in 2008.

Any ideas what Kim is up to...what the office supplies are for?

"Better Call Saul" Season 4 premiere Monday (August 6)

No clue. That’s a lot of supplies. I saw someone suggest they were going to show Huell had the mentality of a child but that wouldn’t work since the arresting office knows him.

I saw some people saying they're gonna use them maybe to make protest signs about racism since Huell is facing steeper jail time than others

That makes sense.

there was a big time jump this episode, getting us closer to Jimmy getting his license back. we're almost to (at?) 2004 and I think(?) BB starts in 2006 so it would stand to reason that Jimmy would need to become Saul sooner rather than later to develop the reputation he has in BB in such a short time. everyone knows who he is, not just from ads but also the DEA and cops do because they've dealt with him a lot.

Based on recaps I've read - and Jimmy's line about Huell waiting a month until he's reinstated as a lawyer - nine months passed during that montage. that puts us toward the beginning of 2004 and still 4+ years from Walt's cancer diagnosis. Interesting timeline to say the least.

I loved that opening montage. The fade at the end reminded me of the opening of Ozymadias, with all the pieces fading away to the shootout. The coin slot POV was also a great visual flourish, as was Gus' evil little smirk when he realized how he could control Hector's recovery.

I can't wait to see Kim's plan next week.

Last edited:
Back