• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

I was reading the commentary on the AV Club and they said that right before he hit the kid on the skateboard he drove by the Whites' house and the Aztek was out front. will have to rewatch to see if that's true.

I know I can always count on you, 94.

I was reading the commentary on the AV Club and they said that right before he hit the kid on the skateboard he drove by the Whites' house and the Aztek was out front. will have to rewatch to see if that's true.

I thought it was the neighborhood he was driving through and was looking for the Whites' house but never saw it

In one of Sepinwall's reviews, he spoke to closely examining the background for easter eggs. I have a feeling there will be quite a few [non-obvious ones] throughout the series.

I think we saw Walt's birthday 3 times.

What do people make of Chuck's affliction? Apparently electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a thing, but not recognized as a disability in the US. It seems to me like it might be in his mind, especially when he was telling Jimmy he was going to beat it and when Jimmy kept asking him to take off the blanket.

Then I read this article yesterday:

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/the-town-without-wi-fi/

about a town in WV where there's a powerful telescope for listening to radio transmissions from outer space. Because the transmissions are so faint, you can't have any radio transmitters around...so there's no wifi or cell service in town. With that in mind, many people like Chuck have moved there so they can feel better, but it's unclear if this is truly a real thing or not.

What do people make of Chuck's affliction? Apparently electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a thing, but not recognized as a disability in the US. It seems to me like it might be in his mind, especially when he was telling Jimmy he was going to beat it and when Jimmy kept asking him to take off the blanket.

Then I read this article yesterday:

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/the-town-without-wi-fi/

about a town in WV where there's a powerful telescope for listening to radio transmissions from outer space. Because the transmissions are so faint, you can't have any radio transmitters around...so there's no wifi or cell service in town. With that in mind, many people like Chuck have moved there so they can feel better, but it's unclear if this is truly a real thing or not.

I heard an NPR story about that place not too long ago.

Must have been tough for him to be around all the amps that go to 11.

Poesworthy. Great casting choice for Odenkirk's brother, I think they look like close relatives.

I think she did the Ozymandias episode of BB. She's crazy good.

Michelle MacLaren is awesome and did a number of great Breaking Bad episodes, but, credit where credit is due, Ozymandias was directed by Rian Johnson (Brick, Looper, upcoming Star Wars movie, etc).

Seeing Saul as the manager at Cinnabon in Omaha was really cool. The whole black/white scene was great. They'll simply fade back to that scene of him waking up in front of the TV at the end of the series last episode.

How uncomfortable was that scene at his house? I thought for sure someone would bust through the door and blow his brains out.

Who's around that would want Saul Goodman dead, my mind is fuzzy about Breaking Bad as it was pre-Bar studying.

Also, first timers, my wife hasn't seen BB and she loved the first 2 hours of Saul. I explained his basic background and who Tuco was basically that's it.

those people seem nuts

They're also unable to detect EM in double-blind testing. Don't think there's a single credible, peer-reviewed study which has ever demonstrated the slightest positive result. Tin-foil hats may help.

The whole Chuck/EMHS thing really takes away from the show. He and Jimmy grew up together, went to law school, worked in the same eponymous firm, and see each other daily yet Jimmy has never called bullshit on it? He does with the "take the blanket off" bit but everything else is empowerment and just doesn't seem to jibe with them being otherwise educated and shrewd.

The twins storyline was funny as hell. Hope they stay in the show longer.

Back