• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

Michelle MacLaren is awesome and did a number of great Breaking Bad episodes, but, credit where credit is due, Ozymandias was directed by Rian Johnson (Brick, Looper, upcoming Star Wars movie, etc).

She directed the episode prior, To'hajiliee, which to me is probably my favorite BB episode.

I'm really bummed out that I already know that Tuco's calm partner isn't going to last long because we know he was never in BB. I really like his character.

It adds depth to Tuco to know he had a rational partner before we met him in BB.

They're also unable to detect EM in double-blind testing. Don't think there's a single credible, peer-reviewed study which has ever demonstrated the slightest positive result. Tin-foil hats may help.

The whole Chuck/EMHS thing really takes away from the show. He and Jimmy grew up together, went to law school, worked in the same eponymous firm, and see each other daily yet Jimmy has never called bullshit on it? He does with the "take the blanket off" bit but everything else is empowerment and just doesn't seem to jibe with them being otherwise educated and shrewd.

The twins storyline was funny as hell. Hope they stay in the show longer.

I don't think they worked together. I think the brother was the successful one, building up his successful firm, while Jimmy is forced to work as a public defender and went to like the University of America Samoa or some shit.

Started rewatching breaking bad season 1 this week and holy cow is Tuco nuts! Also laughed that the very first badger sighting is when he is dressed as a dollar bill and spinning a sign to advertise for some crappy company.

I don't think they worked together. I think the brother was the successful one, building up his successful firm, while Jimmy is forced to work as a public defender and went to like the University of America Samoa or some shit.

Agree. Curious what the deal is with the blonde from the firm. Definitely hints that something happened or is happening with her. Also curious to see if Jamie Luner comes back. Sepinwall pointed out that they wouldn't hire an out of town actress just for a bar scene montage unless she was coming back. There's room for a tragic/toxic love story here. We didn't see much of that in BB except between Walt and Skyler and Jesse and his girl unless you want to count Gus and his former business partner.

Edit: I changed the thread title to make it clear there will be Breaking Bad spoilers in this thread. Obviously anybody should be welcome to watch the series for the first time, but it's not necessary to watch this season. It is unfair to expect people not to discuss related plot points from a show that started a long time ago and ended over a year ago.

Last edited:
was just looking up Saul on Wiki and apparently he was married a few times (I forgot this), one of his wives he caught cheating with his stepfather. Dunno if that's before or during the time period of BCS.

Jimmy's demeanor when visiting the firm gave the impression that at one time and for however long, he was employed there. Like his brother, a named partner pulled strings. But yeah, "does this car look like 'payday'?"

Odenkirk has really made Goodman a great character and it's easy to see the backstory now that gives rise to the BB Goodman.

was just looking up Saul on Wiki and apparently he was married a few times (I forgot this), one of his wives he caught cheating with his stepfather. Dunno if that's before or during the time period of BCS.

Interesting. Clearly this show could run as long as Breaking Bad and cover much more calendar time.

I'm really bummed out that I already know that Tuco's calm partner isn't going to last long because we know he was never in BB. I really like his character.

Inherent problem with any prequel when they introduce new characters. Although it should be interesting to see what eventually happens to him. Maybe he gets disappeared instead of being sent to Belize?

Inherent problem with any prequel when they introduce new characters. Although it should be interesting to see what eventually happens to him. Maybe he gets disappeared instead of being sent to Belize?

One of the reviews I read mentioned a comment by Walt that made a reference to Nacho. So, even if he wasnt in BB it appears that he was still part of Tuco's crew. I can't find the review that mentioned this though.

More than likely, Ignacio was a throwaway name at the time. Nice nod to capitalize on it. Watch the scene here:
http://tvtop100.com/breaking-bad/moments/59

Looks like a whole plot line for this season in the first 30 seconds. Looks like the guy hosting the video is getting his wish.

Like most everyone born after the Berlin Wall came down, I haven't seen many successful TV spin-offs. So like the rest of my generation, I cringe whenever I catch wind of something like Schrute Farm (R.I.P), Joey or The Cleveland Show. That being said, someone needs to fire up a Kickstarter devoted to getting Saul Goodman a spin-off. Like, now. Not a postscript, either, but a prequel; I won't be able to sleep until I know more about Ignacio, Paolo and everything else that happens in the first 30 seconds of this clip.
- BL

Last edited:
Hyped for tonight's episode.

I'm pretty sure that Saul screwed up and that his abuelita is the cleaning lady for the real target.

Hence the bogus story about the mom scrubbing the floors of rich people.

After rewatching, this isn't the case. You clearly see the mom get into the car and hers has the "family" stickers on the back. After abuelita hits him and speeds off you can see her car doesn't have the stickers.

I dont know if it was intentional or not, but Mike's comment about the bookie in Philly possibly being dead in the Jersey Pine Barrens immediately made me think of The Sopranos "Pine Barrens" episode.

Back