• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

liked how they showed Crazy 8 getting his nickname. wasn't he a DEA informant in BB? I guess that's how Hank is going to be involved this season?

Seems like a good guess. I wouldn’t be surprised if this season ended with Hank telling Gomez “I’ve got to go take my brother in law on a ride along.” I think they’re getting pretty close to the start of BB. There’s plenty of story to tell about what Saul, Mike, Nacho, and Gus were doing before Saul, Gus, and Mike got involved with Walt and Jesse.

That timeline might be too short. Walt and Jesse go to Saul because Badger got busted, which was halfway through season 2. That was after Walt and Jesse expanded once Tuco was gone at the beginning of season 2.

A full year doesn't pass from Walt's diagnosis until Season 5, when Jesse gives him the watch, so from Walt's diagnosis to Saul is likely only a few weeks. I think we're farther away from Saul and Walt's timelines crossing than a few weeks.

Unless they do some kind of time jump...

also, Saul suggested almost right off the bat that they have Badger killed. no way this character as he is now on the show BCS is anywhere close to that kind of attitude without something drastic happening soon (RIP Kim?).

Was it a set up episode or was it Saul and Kim doing their thing, with a bunch of filler?

The "Mike is angry at the world" thing is tired. I guess the cliff-hanger could be considered interesting, but we'll see.

We've seen Gus be meticulous and unnecessarily cautious before, so last night's version just came off as repetitive. Plus, no Lalo. There's no reason for no Lalo. #Lalo2020

Meanwhile, you have an all-timer with Saul pulling a bait and switch in court, plus Kim's first foray into using Jimmy's new persona to get what she wants.

Was it a set up episode or was it Saul and Kim doing their thing, with a bunch of filler?

The "Mike is angry at the world" thing is tired. I guess the cliff-hanger could be considered interesting, but we'll see.

We've seen Gus be meticulous and unnecessarily cautious before, so last night's version just came off as repetitive. Plus, no Lalo. There's no reason for no Lalo. #Lalo2020

Meanwhile, you have an all-timer with Saul pulling a bait and switch in court, plus Kim's first foray into using Jimmy's new persona to get what she wants.

The Gus and Lyle stuff was Gus asserting control during an intense period of time in which he had no control.

Definitely set up. It set up whatever Kim and Jimmy are going to pull on Mesa Verde. It set up the next phase of Hank and Gomez vs cartel. It set up the next step of Lalo vs. Nacho vs. Gus. It set up Mike in wherever place he is (that was an uncharacteristic reveal). It may have set up Gus emerging as the generous DEA benefactor as well.

Eh, agree to disagree I suppose. They could've accomplished all that set up with a few lines of dialogue and still maintained the slow-burn ethos of the show that makes it so compelling. Other than for Kim and Jimmy, all the character exposition was unnecessary after six seasons of BB and 4+ of BCS.

"Better Call Saul" Season 5 premieres Feb 23

Painful but definitely worth considering.

Can’t rule out that Kim is still in play during the events of Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
Definitely getting tired of Mike's schtick. For me, the Kim/Jimmy dynamic is the best part of the show.

What are everyone's thoughts on the tone of the BB/Camino ending? Was it a "happy" ending? Walt gets what he deserves, but kind of on his own terms. The Nazis get smoked. Jesse is free. Moderately happy ending?

Just thinking of that in the context of the potential BCS conclusion regarding Kim... and Gene.

Happy endings for the leads. Horrible endings for others.

Kim grew up in Omaha right? I think Howard is doomed. Chuck already was.

Things don’t look good for Nacho and Lalo.

Nacho and Lalo are still alive during BB

They were only mentioned by Saul that one time and they’re mixed up with Gus now.

The writing is on the wall for Nacho’s dad. Lalo vs. Nacho is going to happen. Lalo vs. Gus is happening. It’s hard to see them making it. Again, for all we know there’s only a few months between now and Saul’s first BB appearance.

I just finished watching Breaking Bad in its entirety for the first time and have watched Better Call Saul season five. I'd like to catch up on BCS first four seasons. Have YTTV and Netflix. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

"Better Call Saul" Season 5 premieres Feb 23

What recommendation do you need? I recommend watching Better Call Saul from the beginning. It’s on Netflix.

Last edited:
Another episode without Lalo. What an absolute crime.

Kim is headed for a serious downward spiral and it's going to be painful to watch.

How the hell does someone with Mike's ingenuity - who lives in New Mexico - not have at least a passing knowledge of Spanish?

Another episode without Lalo. What an absolute crime.

Kim is headed for a serious downward spiral and it's going to be painful to watch.

How the hell does someone with Mike's ingenuity - who lives in New Mexico - not have at least a passing knowledge of Spanish?

Mike lived in Philly until quite recently before the show.

Back