• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

images

What gets me is that it does a great job building off something that happened in the previous episode that was important but likely would be an isolated event on any other show.

Chuck going outside to get the paper set up his arrest and hospitalization.

Mike swiping the pad set up that amazing camera shot of the wanted posters panning down to Saul through the conversation between Mike and the older Philly cop.

I didn't watch Breaking Bad as it aired so I really appreciate the pacing within and between episodes from week to week.

By the way, I saw somewhere else that one of the men in the wanted poster was the guy in the diner bathroom with Saul. I didn't go back to confirm. Who knows, that guy may be part of a major plot next week.

I went back to look. It could be the same guy, but not definitely him. We're talking Albuquerque, after all.

Also the first few episodes of Breaking Bad were definitely not perfect. They weren't even great. They were met with a ton of luke warm critical reception and the show wasn't all that popular. It turned into a masterpiece but it took some time to get there.

I know a number of people that couldn't get past the second episode due to the cleaning up of the body.

I know a number of people that couldn't get past the second episode due to the cleaning up of the body.

This was my wife. Just couldn't get past the bath tub scene. I thought those first episodes were kind of slow but it just got so good. Just a few bad episodes (the whole place crash thing, the fly in the lab).

I think BCS is very good from the start. Love his lawyer friend.

Fly was one of the best Breaking Bad episodes ever.

I think I read that they needed a bottle episode to stay under budget so wrote a script that was almost all at the lab set.

Other notable times I've been very, very wrong:

When I said RGIII was gonna be better than Andrew Luck.
When I said Mad Men was gonna get canceled in the first season because Jon Hamm and January Jones are terrible actors (they are, but the show is incredible).
When I thought there was no way "ladling cheese into [my] beard" was gonna stick as a board meme.
When I totally went for it with Madison White in 7th grade (lesbian).

So it happens.

We can quibble over January Jones (although I've been pleasantly surprised with her work in Last Man on Earth), but if you don't think Jon Hamm is a good actor, I don't know what to tell you. That guy is really, really good.

We can quibble over January Jones (although I've been pleasantly surprised with her work in Last Man on Earth), but if you don't think Jon Hamm is a good actor, I don't know what to tell you. That guy is really, really good.

I've tried, Smoove...I'm glad someone with the background you have is on the same side as me

January Jones is truly awful - but in Mad Men she's cast as herself so she doesn't have to act.

January jones should have won a razzie for that xmen movie she was in ... Ugh.

Official "Better Call Saul" thread (Breaking Bad spoilers)

Jon Hamm is goober and Don Draper is a stud. He can definitely act.

Similar to how Jennifer Garner is ditzy but Sydney Bristow was awesome.

Great edit on that spoiler, Smoove.

January Jones is truly awful - but in Mad Men she's cast as herself so she doesn't have to act.
She also has the most underwritten/undeveloped character on the show, IMO. I'm with Smoove, in general, I think, but I would say that she's awful by design on Mad Men.

I hate that there are only two more episodes in the season. There is a bunch of "open" story lines. I hope they resolve a couple in the next two weeks.

Got to believe Nacho will be back. That just got dropped even though the Kellermans were in play.

Back