• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

Just watched the last episodes, great season! It is neat how our initial perceptions of Hamlin being Hitleresque and Chuck being a saint were completely altered in the last few episodes. I don't think Chuck's betrayal and Marco's death are enough to fuel the full emergence of Saul Goodman. I see some similarities with Jimmy not taking the Santa Fe job and Walt not taking the Gretchen money; right now the Walt situation makes more sense, and as some suggested I could see Jimmy U-turning in the opener. Overall I am excited for the next season as I think Jimmy will get some form of creative revenge on his prideful and smug brother. Also the logistics of transforming from Jimmy to Saul will be really interesting. I think Nacho was one of the weak points of this season so hopefully they figure out a better way to utilize him.

Season 2 premieres February 15, 2016.

The return is upon us: 10pm EST on Monday.

Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, and Peter Gould will be on Fresh Air today.

Bump for tonight.

Sepinwall has seen a chunk of S2 and approves.

Not a spoiler but from his review on the tone of the next season:
The writers had always planned to go from Jimmy to Saul through 1 season and that's the way they ended S1, but the writers decided they like Jimmy so much they immediately reverse that transition in S2 to spend more time with Jimmy.

Yeah. I read his review and I'm very happy that they choose that direction.

Wow! I hadn't seen last night's TWD episode and AMC just showed literally every major scene of it in a commercial during the Better Call Saul premiere. The fuck was that?

Finance dude was the guy whose BMW Walt blew up in season 1 of BB, right?

It's amazing how insincere Howard seemed last season compared to how sincere he seems this season for essentially doing the same thing.

It's amazing how having watched BB and seeing what Saul has done it didn't even register to me that he had fabricated evidence. But in reality that is a HUGE deal.

Great start to the season so far. Love the dynamic between Jimmy and Kim.

The police interview scene could just have easily been from Mr. Show. So many lulz.

Back