• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

Great stuff.

It was great. But I can tell one thing that's going to bug me is going back to BBad episodes for how Saul interacted with those characters previously (or, in this case, the future). Just curious. Did Walt ever meet with Saul about Tuco? Can't recall but don't think Saul was around when Tuco was in the picture.

Some of the humor and backstory remind me of the canceled show Greg Kinnear had last year, Rake. Down-on-his-luck (by his own hand) lawyer with dark humor in each episode. Funny and effective formula.

Tuco died in early Season 2. Saul entered later in Season 2.

Saul came into the picture after Badger was arrested and they needed a criminal lawyer

The ending of last nights episode has me so pumped for tonight. Thought it got off to kind of a weird start but really picked up about half way through the episode.

Seeing Saul as the manager at Cinnabon in Omaha was really cool. The whole black/white scene was great. They'll simply fade back to that scene of him waking up in front of the TV at the end of the series last episode.

I could see the last scene being Walt and Jesse walking into his practice for the first time

I could see the last scene being Walt and Jesse walking into his practice for the first time

I could see that. I'd like it more if that happened at the end of like Season 4 and they spent a season or two behind the seasons with more interactions with his two bodyguards, Huell and Patrick. Always thought that was another interesting casting of comedians in serious but dark comic roles.

I'd love to see the Mike relationship get going this season to see his development into Saul's guy. But I have a feeling that may take a bit to really develop.

I really hope we get some Gus Fring on the show, even though Mike is the only one who knew him

yes. but it'd be like watching the Star Wars prequels before the original trilogy. what's the point?

If you haven't seen Breaking Bad, will you "get" this show?

Yes. I watched some interviews where Vince said that he wants to make it accessible to non breaking bad viewers.

yes. but it'd be like watching the Star Wars prequels before the original trilogy. what's the point?

I don't think that's the case at all.

You should watch Breaking Bad regardless though. One of the best decisions I've made over the last few years was catching up and sticking with it.

Last night was the biggest series premiere in cable history.

...I forgot how batshit crazy Tuco is.

Back