• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

These two episodes made me happy they stayed with Jimmy as doing as they did. Part of me wonders if they filled the Omaha scenes in black and white because they shot the episodes in the spring or summer. The trees have leaves on them. While that’s possible in November, they should be gone.

These two episodes made me happy they stayed with Jimmy as doing as they did. Part of me wonders if they filled the Omaha scenes in black and white because they shot the episodes in the spring or summer. The trees have leaves on them. While that’s possible in November, they should be gone.

I don't know why they chose Albuquerque to double as Omaha. I mean, I do (it's convenient), but it doesn't work. I thought originally that they were shooting it because the sand looked like snow. They kind of did that with this last episode too, except that you can spot the cacti in the middle of the field when he is supposed to be in Omaha. C'mon, people. Nebraska isn't too terribly exciting, but it's not a western desert.

Gotta give it up for Carol Burnett. She’s been great in this arc.

If you want to hide your identity, don’t help someone get on Ask Jeeves.

Didn't care for the Walt/Jesse/Saul et al flashbacks in the episode before-felt like they were just El Camino deleted scenes (which itself looked like mostly deleted scenes) and didn't add much, except for that vaguely artsy shot where Saul was imagining himself in the grave. This one was far better IMO.

I kind of want to see how Saul gets and translates the sketchy vet's contact book, but who knows if there is time for that.

EDIT: Is anyone who knows where Howard is buried still alive? One of Mike's co-henchmen, perhaps? If someone could tell Cheryl, it would work as a nice BB parallel (in the final episode where Walt tells Skylar where Hank and Gomey are buried). Either way, I hope that at most 10 minutes of the final episode are set in Nebraska-there are way more NM questions at this point.

Last edited:
I assume we get one more Walt scene. Saw somewhere (maybe this thread) that Walt and Jesse each got solo scenes.

runner, are you more interested in Howard’s body than if Saul gets caught or not?

Obviously, Saul is going to get got in some way. Everyone who has broken bad has suffered some consequences. Jesse was able to escape because Netflix got a movie out of it. A lot of people are dead. Kim confessed and any reputation she has left is done. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up perp walked out of the Sprinkler company. So it comes down to whether Saul is dead or alive and how.

Obviously, Saul is going to get got in some way. Everyone who has broken bad has suffered some consequences. Jesse was able to escape because Netflix got a movie out of it. A lot of people are dead. Kim confessed and any reputation she has left is done. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up perp walked out of the Sprinkler company. So it comes down to whether Saul is dead or alive and how.

Who is left to kill him?

Really fantastic episode. The rental car bus, "when I knew him" line and wrapping the phone cord scenes were all "holy shit this is good" moments

Kim’s Florida boyfriend said “whaddyathink” a lot just like Saul, just in a completely different way.

Who is left to kill him?

Really fantastic episode. The rental car bus, "when I knew him" line and wrapping the phone cord scenes were all "holy shit this is good" moments

Buddy, the cops, the feds. I'm guessing suicide like Chuck.

I've been on that rental car bus a few times. Looking forward to my next trip to ABQ. I think I've only been once since BCS started.

Kim’s Florida boyfriend said “whaddyathink” a lot just like Saul, just in a completely different way.

I don't recall Saul/Jimmy going "Yep. Yep. Yep," when he would bang Kim though.

Great ep in so many different ways.

runner, are you more interested in Howard’s body than if Saul gets caught or not?

No, but I have more NM questions than NE questions, and I'm not sure this version of Gene is up for an epic chase scene. Although he came close to killing two people with his bare hands, so that would be interesting, but it seems like a longshot that he'd be in that position a third time.

A few NM questions
-what happens to Kim?
-How does Saul get the sketchy vet's black book?
-I want to see more of the Saul-Gus relationship. They don't know about each other yet, but in BB Saul was the one who set up the meeting with Gus.

I'm thinking that Cheryl might push for a lighter sentence if Kim/Saul can find out where Howard is buried, but that's just a random prediction.

No, but I have more NM questions than NE questions, and I'm not sure this version of Gene is up for an epic chase scene. Although he came close to killing two people with his bare hands, so that would be interesting, but it seems like a longshot that he'd be in that position a third time.

A few NM questions
-what happens to Kim?
-I want to see more of the Saul-Gus relationship. They don't know about each other yet, but in BB Saul was the one who set up the meeting with Gus.

I'm thinking that Cheryl might push for a lighter sentence if Kim/Saul can find out where Howard is buried, but that's just a random prediction.

No he never knew Gus’s name. He just knew Mike knew a guy.

A few NM questions
-what happens to Kim?

I think that part of the story is over. It was all about the ever-stoic Kim getting that story off her chest and getting her version of redemption by doing whatever "right thing" option remained. She has always been the redeemable type, while Jimmy is pretty much irredeemable.

There's a part of me that wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy gets away because shady lawyers always get away, but that's looking unlikely at this point.

It's been a long time since I watched Breaking Bad. What did Saul do that landed him on the radar of the feds?

Back