• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

Tuco makes me uncomfortable. The actor must be actually insane

Dude acted the hell out of that episode. Made me want to go back and watch Season 1 of Breaking Bad.

I knew Jimmy's date looked familiar. She was the hottest daughter from "Just the Ten of Us."

I really like the Nacho character. Looks like he provides common sense for Tuco. I don't think he was in BB, so perhaps his death makes Tuco go full time crazy.

It's weird: even though I knew Jimmy wasn't going to get killed...I was still nervous.

Biznatch is my new pet name for my wife

It's weird: even though I knew Jimmy wasn't going to get killed...I was still nervous.

I like how the camera focused on Jimmy's reaction to the leg breaking. They may be setting up Jimmy as a pariah who manages to stay out of trouble himself but gets others into trouble in the process. Pretty much the opposite of what a lawyer is supposed to do.

Michelle McLaren directed this episode. She directed several Breaking Bad episodes as well. She was tabbed to direct Wonder Woman. I'm more excited about that than I would be otherwise.

I thought the appearance of Tuco was cheap writing.

So these skaters just happen to hit a Mercury Sable driven by Tuco's grandmother at the exact moment a similar Sable was supposed to be driving past?

And then they follow her to her comfortable house in the burbs where Tuco awaits?

It all seemed like pandering to Breaking Bad fans. The scene in the desert was just dumb with Tuco freaking out and the obnoxious twins making noise every time he made a threat. I almost went to bed.

That said the ending was good.

I'm pretty sure that Saul screwed up and that his abuelita is the cleaning lady for the real target.

Hence the bogus story about the mom scrubbing the floors of rich people.

I'm pretty sure that Saul screwed up and that his abuelita is the cleaning lady for the real target.

I hope that's true, makes it much more plausible. I still feel like Tuco made an appearance way too early.

Didn't think about that. Makes sense

"Better Call Saul" two-part premiere Sunday and Monday

It was a two part pilot. They want to hook Breaking Bad fans. I don't see the problem with bringing in a character whose last appeared on BB six years ago.

Last edited:
So the cinnabon opening, that's supposed to be a flash forward assuming Saul disappeared or went into witness protection after breaking bad? I forget exactly what happened there

BUT if that's true, pretty impressive to still have a vcr in the year 2015 or later

So the cinnabon opening, that's supposed to be a flash forward assuming Saul disappeared or went into witness protection after breaking bad? I forget exactly what happened there

BUT if that's true, pretty impressive to still have a vcr in the year 2015 or later

At the end of Breaking, Saul tells Walt he'll end up managing a Cinnabon in Nebraska somewhere. So we're seeing Saul post-Breaking Bad. The guy he sees looking at him makes him think he's been found out.

Didn't the show take place over only 2-3 years?

I like how the camera focused on Jimmy's reaction to the leg breaking. They may be setting up Jimmy as a pariah who manages to stay out of trouble himself but gets others into trouble in the process. Pretty much the opposite of what a lawyer is supposed to do.

Michelle McLaren directed this episode. She directed several Breaking Bad episodes as well. She was tabbed to direct Wonder Woman. I'm more excited about that than I would be otherwise.

I think she did the Ozymandias episode of BB. She's crazy good.

At the end of Breaking, Saul tells Walt he'll end up managing a Cinnabon in Nebraska somewhere. So we're seeing Saul post-Breaking Bad. The guy he sees looking at him makes him think he's been found out.

Yeah, when they're down in the basement of the vacuum cleaner repair shop together Saul says he'll end up managing a Cinnabon in Omaha in a couple of days, best case scenario.

Yeah, when they're down in the basement of the vacuum cleaner repair shop together Saul says he'll end up managing a Cinnabon in Omaha in a couple of days, best case scenario.

Only I didn't get the impression he was managing anything. He was just a regular employee, which makes it funnier.

Back