• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

I dont know if it was intentional or not, but Mike's comment about the bookie in Philly possibly being dead in the Jersey Pine Barrens immediately made me think of The Sopranos "Pine Barrens" episode.

Def an homage!

So...what if Nacho has to "disappear" and we find out who drives that Chevy Lumina who can disappear people...

I actually thought Team Kettlefuckwit was in the boat and were listening to Jimmy and Tits talk about their case and attorney obligations. I'd like to see Betsy smart off to Mike somewhere in the woods.

I actually thought Team Kettlefuckwit was in the boat and were listening to Jimmy and Tits talk about their case and attorney obligations. I'd like to see Betsy smart off to Mike somewhere in the woods.

They def lingered on the boat for a little long. I thought the same thing.

After rewatching, this isn't the case. You clearly see the mom get into the car and hers has the "family" stickers on the back. After abuelita hits him and speeds off you can see her car doesn't have the stickers.

Noticed that as well. Horrible luck.

Got through all 3 eps recently. Digging it. Dude can act and the story line has tons of potential...should be fun

Another great episode. Gilligan, Gould, and crew have a real knack for storytelling.

Gotta love white collar crime. $1.6 million goes missing. The lead suspect goes missing. The cops don't seem to be worried at all that they simply skipped town with the money.

My wife said the same thing right away... So I was hoping like hell that she was wrong.

Would have been too Boston Marathon Bomber, I think. You have to assume that the cops would have at least looked there.

I'm really enjoying that the underlying current of these first few episodes has been all the temptations Jimmy faces in becoming a CRIMINAL lawyer.

More great storytelling. I'm even more curious how he goes from local hero James McGill, Esq to "Better Call Saul" in the same city.

Nice special effects work on the billboard shoot.

Very interested to see what happens in Nacho's next appearance. Does he feel like he owes Jimmy? He's smart enough to figure things out.

I enjoy this show more with each episode. Really enjoying the development of Jimmy's relationships with Chuck and Kim.

Just a PSA for those who didn't get into it during Breaking Bad, but there's a weekly insider podcast with Vince Gilligan, editors, writers, actors, etc. that breaks down each episode. Well worth a listen for some behind the scenes info

These folks really know how to tell a story. It seemed like a disjointed episode, especially with the hard turn toward Mike's backstory at the end. But we're going to look back and see this ep as a link to the main storylines for the rest of the season. I didn't think we'd get this much Mike in the show even though I knew he was going to be a regular. Could be Season 3 before we get to Gus though.

The consultation scenes were incredible.

I really liked the loud ticking clock during the scene with the ceramic figurine lady. I also liked the camera-on-the-jello-cart view that harkened back to some of the cinematography in Breaking Bad.

I was holding my breath that we'd hear a loud DING during the old folks' home scene. Not necessarily an appearance by Hector outright, but an allusion for sure.

Also, fuck that bitch for calling the cops on Chuck.

That was some great TV. Once they gave us he basic info about his son, it was pretty clear what happened, but the way it unfolded was brilliant.

Back