• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Billboard

Simple with no Clawson photo

2ypkb5u.jpg

Font plus whatever word art you put on it will be hard to read while going 60 mph. Keep it simple. Blocky and bold.

This...

Don't mix Clawson in with bzzout movement. Either give him his own billboard or don't. I would wait til we hire the bball guy and welcome them both.

I like the hysterically uncompetitive one. The big wigs are getting fed that line night and day. Time to turn it on its head. Politics 101. Take the opponents slogan and redefine it.

This. I don't know why folks let this maple fridges douchebag control the message. Welcome clawson. That's it. Deal w hoops come march like grown men. To eat desert after dinner not in the middle of the main course.

Someone should drop buzz in the middle of the Sahara dessert, no jaybone?

Hiring a new coach then immediately using his name to shit on another coach in the middle of his season is pretty classless.

Clawson would absolutely hate it, and while [Redacted] might deserve it - the players don't. They may fulfill the prophecy of another horrible season but it's not like road losses to UVA and Pitt aren't going to be on the vast majority of ACC resumes.

Just welcome Clawson to Wake on this one.

Wait for the season to officially be another debacle before opening up on [Redacted] again.

If it's not going to include a dig at Buzz and/or Wellman, then welcoming Clawson is out. The money was not raised to welcome Clawson. I love how people who did not contribute in the first place now want the money used for something else.

If it's not going to include a dig at Buzz and/or Wellman, then welcoming Clawson is out. The money was not raised to welcome Clawson. I love how people who did not contribute in the first place now want the money used for something else.

People who gave money are recommending the use of Clawson's name. Hence the discussion. It's a douchebag idea to use Clawson as a tool to shit on [Redacted]. Do one or the other - if you use Clawson like this you're likely to get a nice statement from him about how he's met [Redacted], believes in his approach to the program, shares his values, etc.

You guys can obviously do whatever you want. But from talking to people who know Clawson personally and have been coached by him, this is absolutely the last thing he would want. We have a new coach everyone is excited about who is obviously working his ass off to recruit and build a coaching staff and he's going to come back to Wake to find his name associated with a billboard mocking a fellow coach mid-season?

[Redacted] has earned the criticism. Wellman has earned the criticism. Clawson doesn't deserve to be dragged into it.

People who gave money are recommending the use of Clawson's name. Hence the discussion. It's a douchebag idea to use Clawson as a tool to shit on [Redacted]. Do one or the other - if you use Clawson like this you're likely to get a nice statement from him about how he's met [Redacted], believes in his approach to the program, shares his values, etc.

You guys can obviously do whatever you want. But from talking to people who know Clawson personally and have been coached by him, this is absolutely the last thing he would want. We have a new coach everyone is excited about who is obviously working his ass off to recruit and build a coaching staff and he's going to come back to Wake to find his name associated with a billboard mocking a fellow coach mid-season?

[Redacted] has earned the criticism. Wellman has earned the criticism. Clawson doesn't deserve to be dragged into it.

+10000000000

Yeah, convinced me with this. Hysterically uncompetitive is still pretty good.

I am always a bit shocked when logic actually convinces people but go on about yourself, TopHat.

Alright...I agree Clawson and Bzz ad together should be scrapped. What if we did a Welcome Clawson billboard by itself and rotate a BuzzOut billboard in the same rotation?

Alright...I agree Clawson and Bzz ad together should be scrapped. What if we did a Welcome Clawson billboard by itself and rotate a BuzzOut billboard in the same rotation?

It needs to be one or the other, not one and the other.

I say forget Clawson. He is not why people donated the money.

Run the ACC road record hysterically uncompetitive thing in the Greensboro paper during the ACC Tournament, just like last year. Think you would get more attention from media members doing that than a rotating billboard on I-40. I agree though, don't bring Clawson into this mess.

Back