• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Billboard

I think the Clawson one is the most clever. Why would he care if he shares a billboard with the new basketball coach?

I think the Clawson one is the most clever. Why would he care if he shares a billboard with the new basketball coach?

Some of you guys have such blind hatred for Bzz, you're willing to do anything to show it. I don't like Bzz either and what he has done to the program, but to even associate another coach (and one everyone is stoked about) with a billboard or anything else mocking Bzz is just going to put Clawson in an awkward spot. Just let the whole idea of Clawson being involved with this go.

pinocha idiotic again

because it's his colleague now

they're in the same department

don't you think he knows about the hot seat in basketball?

i just assume these kinds of posts are from a phone/tablet but i always love them b/c they read like haikus

Some of you guys have such blind hatred for Bzz, you're willing to do anything to show it. I don't like Bzz either and what he has done to the program, but to even associate another coach (and one everyone is stoked about) with a billboard or anything else mocking Bzz is just going to put Clawson in an awkward spot. Just let the whole idea of Clawson being involved with this go.

or let the whole billboard idea go. It's not effective, given he wasn't fired last year, and I think we know whatever Wellman's rationale for retaining Buzz or letting him go, or Buzz's decision to resign, the billboard won't have any impact on it.

99.5% of the people who see a "historically competitive" joke on a billboard won't get the reference.

It's too freakin' good not to use! Who cares if the majority of people in Winston don't get it. Any b'ball fan will see the absurdity via the record and realize, "yes, that is HYSTERICAL!!"

I'd say at least 30-40% of Dash residents are probably aware of Ron's bullshit at this point.

It's too freakin' good not to use! Who cares if the majority of people in Winston don't get it. Any b'ball fan will see the absurdity via the record and realize, "yes, that is HYSTERICAL!!"

I'd say at least 30-40% of Dash residents are probably aware of Ron's bullshit at this point.

Almost everything in your post is wrong.

I'm tempted to post, "If you guys want to light your own money on fire, go for it," but some of us realize that these Mickey Mouse billboard attempts make the fanbase as a whole look like morans and almost surely do more harm to Wake Forest than good.

At least people are having a discussion about this instead of springing a unilateral red-on-brown fever chart from out of left field.

you spelled "moron" wrong, jerk

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure the billboard supporters fully understand this isn't going to impact RW's decisions. I am also pretty sure they want the billboard to effect RWs status just as much as BZ's. The "hysterically uncompetitive" board doesn't have to matter to the jackasses who won't understand it, it needs to be understood by the media... Isn't that the target audience? That and not butchering the hell out of a press release (again) would get that point across...

Is it just me or does jaybone's current avatar make you want to punch him in the face as opposed to--say--buzz?

What you do is throw in Wellman's original quote about wanting to be historically competitive, then you throw the road record, "hysterically uncompetitive", and #BuzzOut shit below that. That way it explains itself.

or let the whole billboard idea go. It's not effective, given he wasn't fired last year, and I think we know whatever Wellman's rationale for retaining Buzz or letting him go, or Buzz's decision to resign, the billboard won't have any impact on it.

I wouldn't say it isn't effective. Wellman and Buzz are both under more pressure than they normally would be, in no small part due to the ad campaigns and negative national attention that it brought. He can act like last year was an aberration from a minority of fans, but it's a bit harder to keep up that ruse when the pressure is constant and continued.

I'll be glad to just see something up after these two horrid losses.

People bitch to much, about those that are putting in all the work in this campaign.

Last edited:
Back