• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Billboard

Almost everything in your post is wrong.

I'm tempted to post, "If you guys want to light your own money on fire, go for it," but some of us realize that these Mickey Mouse billboard attempts make the fanbase as a whole look like morans and almost surely do more harm to Wake Forest than good.

At least people are having a discussion about this instead of springing a unilateral red-on-brown fever chart from out of left field.

That is ridiculous. Are you serious? You really think making light of a beyond absurd situation with respect to [Redacted] is going to make us look bad?? If there is that sentiment among some of the more conservative fans, so be it. That horse has long since exited the barn! If anything, it shows we have a sense of humor about this whole thing. What's going to happen is going to happen but doesn't mean we have to sit back and pretend we're okay with Ronnie now cuz he brought in Clawson. Might as well have some fun with it and if in the process, we can shed more light on Wellman's folly, why not?

That is ridiculous. Are you serious? You really think making light of a beyond absurd situation with respect to [Redacted] is going to make us look bad?? If there is that sentiment among some of the more conservative fans, so be it. That horse has long since exited the barn! If anything, it shows we have a sense of humor about this whole thing. What's going to happen is going to happen but doesn't mean we have to sit back and pretend we're okay with Ronnie now cuz he brought in Clawson. Might as well have some fun with it and if in the process, we can shed more light on Wellman's folly, why not?

Dude, I'm not a conservative fan. I've been Buzzout since the beginning. "Hysterically uncompetitive" is barely funny to someone who gets the joke. It's going to look stupid to the vast majority of people who see the billboard, who won't get the joke. We want Wellman to look stupid. Not the fans.

As some have said, just post the record and Buzzout. That's it. That's the joke.

Either that or the wrecking ball.

Being a substantial donor to the billboard, I will express that "historically uncompetitive" is not that funny and not that many people will understand it or make a judgment based on it. Bz's record, goofy face (the Derrrrr face) and a fire buzz line are all we need. His big Derrrrr face on there would be hilarious.

for the record, i believe "hysterically competitive" was from a moonz parody thread

I wouldn't say it isn't effective. Wellman and Buzz are both under more pressure than they normally would be, in no small part due to the ad campaigns and negative national attention that it brought. He can act like last year was an aberration from a minority of fans, but it's a bit harder to keep up that ruse when the pressure is constant and continued.

I say with the money collected fly in ELC for a week and have him set up camp out in front of Wellman's house with his guitar, karaoke machine and his P90X workout routine.

Dude, I'm not a conservative fan. I've been Buzzout since the beginning. "Hysterically uncompetitive" is barely funny to someone who gets the joke. It's going to look stupid to the vast majority of people who see the billboard, who won't get the joke. We want Wellman to look stupid. Not the fans.

As some have said, just post the record and Buzzout. That's it. That's the joke.

Either that or the wrecking ball.

So now you're more concerned with being funny? Which is it? Now the wrecking ball parody is fine, who cares about looking like morans?

Jesus some of you people are insufferable with your need to have your opinion validated or seem more right than others.

Fucking Christ, use the quote about historical competitiveness, give the absurd record below and then the phrase "hysterically uncompetitive" since it conveys the absurdity of Wellman's comments and approach to this. But honestly I don't really care. I don't see how the lack of 'funniness' is so obvious that folks won't read that and get at least a little chuckle out of it when juxtaposed with Wellman's quote.

But yes, ALL OF WINSTON will understand the Ronly Cyrus allegory / metaphor whatever the fuck it is.

Last edited:
What about:

Road Record (whatever it is when the billboard goes up)
Overall Record (whatever it is when the billboard goes up)

Ron Wellman: This is not historically competitive.
#BuzzOut

So now you're more concerned with being funny? Which is it? Now the wrecking ball parody is fine, who cares about looking like morans?

Jesus some of you people are insufferable with your need to have your opinion validated or seem more right than others.

Fucking Christ, use the quote about historical competitiveness, give the absurd record below and then the phrase "hysterically uncompetitive" since it conveys the absurdity of Wellman's comments and approach to this. But honestly I don't really care. I don't see how the lack of 'funniness' is so obvious that folks won't read that and get at least a little chuckle out of it when juxtaposed with Wellman's quote.

But yes, ALL OF WINSTON will understand the Ronly Cyrus allegory / metaphor whatever the fuck it is.

99 % of wake "fans" don't know the reference to the Wellman quote, don't remember it, won't get it. It's stupid.

Apparently there are a lot of stupid people on this thread who don't understand what the general public in Winston is capable of comprehending. Funny since the idea is supported by many on this thread.

But then again, isn't the whole point of the billboard at this point to irk and irritate one Ron Wellman? And like many have said already, it won't change anything, so let's make fun of Ronnie!

Somehow, some way. Please rub Ronnie's nose in his mess please.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does jaybone's current avatar make you want to punch him in the face as opposed to--say--buzz?

Right back at you. I fucking hate your avatar. Looks like a character from the John Travolta Scientology movie, want to punch him, you, your mother and your father right in the smacker. Because that's how I roll. I get really unhinged my avatars.

My only request is that there is some Maple in the background for us douchebags.

Maple is is for closers for Jaybone. No steak knives or coffee for you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone have photoshop picture of buzz drawing on the whiteboard explaining a play, with all the lines everywhere. That's fucking hilarious. What about that image as the billboard, and right below it...

"Meet Jeff [Redacted], Mastermind of losing"

Right back at you. I fucking hate your avatar. Looks like a character from the John Travolta Scientology movie, want to punch him, you, your mother and your father right in the smacker. Because that's how I roll. I get really unhinged my avatars.

using the "home keys" must really grind your gears too

What about:

Road Record (whatever it is when the billboard goes up)
Overall Record (whatever it is when the billboard goes up)

Ron Wellman: This is not historically competitive.
#BuzzOut

Anyone have these stats? To lazy to look them up at the moment.

Back