• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SNU and Kappa Sig Suspended

Anyone have a running lost of frats that have lost their charter or at least had operations suspended?

Sig nu a party frat. Huh? Bunch of great dudes with decent but not exciting parties from late 90's to 00.

Sigma Nu a party frat? My gosh, back in the day they were called the Snoozers. They were good guys but basically didn't drink or throw large parties in the house/lounge...lots of religion....were fairly heavily academic though not as much as Chi Psi was....they tended to attract the really religious Kappas and Tri Delts who were looking for a safe MRS degree. Things changed!

Man, reading your posts is like stepping in a time machine. Their open parties were real laid back. Don't remember any dicks among the brothers. Had plenty of Tri Delt friends so I ended up there from time to time. Used to sign the sheet as Tiki Barber.

When I was at Wake in the early 70's, several of my friends pledged Kappa Sig. They had to do some pretty disgusting shit to get into that frat.

I detect that at least one poster believes that Hatch would rather see no frats. Is he in fact anti-Greek?

He has worked to de-emphasize Greek life on campus. What I heard is prospective students who would tour campus reported that they found the Greek letters on the dorms intimidating (do we really want these dweebs?) That's why the letters have be replaced by smaller plaques. Also, the University has stepped up efforts to provide party and entertainment venues for independents. I think that had a lot to do with the Barn being built.

He has worked to de-emphasize Greek life on campus. What I heard is prospective students who would tour campus reported that they found the Greek letters on the dorms intimidating (do we really want these dweebs?) That's why the letters have be replaced by smaller plaques. Also, the University has stepped up efforts to provide party and entertainment venues for independents. I think that had a lot to do with the Barn being built.

Why the fuck would we want people who find the fact there are frats right in the center of the quad a bad thing. I never had any intention of joining a fraternity but I found this awesome.

a lower level of dork than chi psi and alpha sig for sure, but dem folks sure liked to talk a lot in class.

What is the Barn? I'm assuming not the Barn at Tanglewood?

What's the point of this email to begin with? Why send this to everyone? Did anyone read this and think, "Man, let me grab my checkbook and cut a check for 100k! They dumped Sigma Nu!"

That is false. It was actually started by kappa sigs last year. I can guarantee that since I knew the guys who did it.

Is it some sort of terrible initiation requirement or is Kappa Sig simply the geed-iest frat that ever existed? Either way, it's inexcusable.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

what's [Redacted]'s barnyard?

Back