• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

I'm back. Ignoring your caustic tone, I looked up Scott's stats. Good for EJ Scott. BTW, I had to figure out that you didn't mean the EJ Scott who dates a girl who was on True Blood and and is going blind. Hopefully this guy can emulate Scott's success.

Of course we've got our own guys who are coming back next year who's production has dwarfed that of Brent, a fourth-year junior who couldn't get on the field enough to catch more than 11 balls and decided to forego his final year of eligibility at USC when he was the second leading returning receiver. And Harris will be back next year for Wake too and you all seem to have a major hardon for that.

He is another guy with potential. It doesn't cost us anything to bring him in, as we have available scholarships. He has experience around an above-average college program. He may not crack the field, or he may turn into another EJ Scott. Either way, its a good chance to take.

He is another guy with potential. It doesn't cost us anything to bring him in, as we have available scholarships. He has experience around an above-average college program. He may not crack the field, or he may turn into another EJ Scott. Either way, its a good chance to take.

That sounds reasonable.

He is also 4 years in a college weight lifting regiment and 21-22 years old. The physical maturity alone should put him ahead of some freshman as it is. I would assume he is a decent blocker.

That sounds reasonable.

What sounds reasonable exactly? I don't disagree at all with the post that you are referring to, but it basically says that regardless of whether he ends up contributing 0 catches or 50 catches he didn't cost us much.

Given who we have returning I don't think it is unreasonable to say that he is the very early favorite to start at the outside receiver spot opposite Crump. I wasn't trying to make an over-the-top projection, but you would hope that position accounts for 40 catches. Maybe I should have said 30-40. Also note that his primary competition might be a guy that had 8 catches for 104 yards and 0 TDs last year with significantly more playing time.

I do think there was some cost to bringing him in as that is now one less transfer or post-grad opportunity that the staff can consider. But I agree this is still a relatively low-cost move, just not one that you making unless you think someone has the potential to make a significant contribution.

Coaches Elko and Jackson are following Kansas Safety Isaiah Johnson on twitter, he is a post-grad candidate from Cary NC.

Beat me to it. Haynes looks like a monster, I am excited to see him toss some people around.

Just think, if it hadn't been for the last minute redirect to Wake Forest he could still be in high school right now.

Back