• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 135 - God Bless America and No One Else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymousDeac

Reaction score
USA!

bald_eagle_head_and_american_flag1.jpg

I wonder what the first Olympics people remember is.

I remember Lillehammer in '94 distinctly at the age of 10. Also remember Barcelona at age 8.

I have a vague recollection of watching diving with my dad during Seoul '88. I guess I was 4 for that.

defs barcelona bc of the dream team

A little Yamazaki Whiskey and a little bit of a new small batch bourbon are def helping me unwind after my granddad has a stroke and heart attack in the same day and is recovering in the hospital (actually saved his life that both happened- clot went in two directions, if it had stayed whole he woulda died). Should make as much of a full recovery as someone in their 90s can. Graduated from the old campus in '44. Lives in Winston now and still goes to every football game and most basketball games. One of the reasons I hate the [Redacted] situation so much is that we were on the rise when he was getting up in age and now the program has been tanked so badly there is almost no chance we recover in time for him to see the next great Wake team.

Last edited:
I wonder what the first Olympics people remember is.

I remember Lillehammer in '94 distinctly at the age of 10. Also remember Barcelona at age 8.

I have a vague recollection of watching diving with my dad during Seoul '88. I guess I was 4 for that.

I remember Barcelona happening, but nothing about it. Remember a lot about Lillehamer (I was 8).

A little Yamazaki Whiskey and a little bit of a new small batch bourbon are def helping me unwind after my granddad has a stroke and heart attack in the same day and is recovering in the hospital (actually saved his life that both happened- clot went in two directions, if it had stayed whole he woulda died). Should make as much of a full recovery as someone in their 90s can. Graduated from the old campus in '44.

Sorry to hear that but glad he's going to recover.

My grandfather is 93 and I feel bad for not seeing him more frequently. Went after thanksgiving to see him. He is still totally there just losing some physical capabilities.

I love visiting because he seems really keen on telling stories about taking the British ship over to WWII and his early years in the FBI.

dream team, zero recollection of lillehammer, and then atlanta.

looooooove the google doodle right now.

Sorry to hear that but glad he's going to recover.

My grandfather is 93 and I feel bad for not seeing him more frequently. Went after thanksgiving to see him. He is still totally there just losing some physical capabilities.

I love visiting because he seems really keen on telling stories about taking the British ship over to WWII and his early years in the FBI.
Yeah my granddad is still all there too. Spent a career as a minister and has been to the Holy Lands literally dozens of times, which is cool to hear about. Tried to enlist several times in WWII but was rejected as he was hit by a car as a child. My grandmother isn't dealing very well with it as she has Alzheimers and it is making it really hard on her because she is struggling to remember and understand everything that is going on.

A little Yamazaki Whiskey and a little bit of a new small batch bourbon are def helping me unwind after my granddad has a stroke and heart attack in the same day and is recovering in the hospital (actually saved his life that both happened- clot went in two directions, if it had stayed whole he woulda died). Should make as much of a full recovery as someone in their 90s can. Graduated from the old campus in '44. Lives in Winston now and still goes to every football game and most basketball games. One of the reasons I hate the [Redacted] situation so much is that we were on the rise when he was getting up in age and now the program has been tanked so badly there is almost no chance we recover in time for him to see the next great Wake team.

wow, glad to hear he's ok as much as he can be. good thoughts for a continued recovery.

When you're getting up at 5, what time are you going to bed?

cav - depending on the night, between 9-10. rarely make it past 10.

A few Lillehammer moments

wow, glad to hear he's ok as much as he can be. good thoughts for a continued recovery.

The worst part about it is my grandmother called my aunt to tell her the symptoms, my aunt called ems and when the ambulance got to their retirement community they called to get let in and the nurse that had responded to their house turned the EMS away telling them that he was okay and just dizzy. Cost them an hour in getting to the hospital. My uncle also got into an argument with the 911 dispatcher about proper response protocols. The guy shut up and listened when he learned my uncle is a recently retired firefighter who was a firefighter (full time, not volunteer) for 35 years.

Sipping on some Enjoy By at the airport before my flight. Not bad, Stone, not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back