• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best drama currently on tv?

Best drama currently on tv?

• Total voters
I've never seen a single episode of any of the shows listed. I did recently start reading the GOT books so maybe I will got watch that in a few years when I am done with the books...

I've never seen a single episode of any of the shows listed. I did recently start reading the GOT books so maybe I will got watch that in a few years when I am done with the books...

they way martin writes it will be more than a few years...

If you haven't seen the first season of American Horror Story you can watch it on Netflix. House of Cards is off the chain as well. IMO Homeland was trash after the first season. I regrettably have never seen madmen. So True Detective, GOT and HOC are where it's at. True Detective is awesome. BUT IF YOUR NOT DOING RED WEDDING YOU ARE NOT DOING TV.

As far as Network crap is concerned Blacklist is not bad. the fact that its a generic crime drama beautifully solved in 43 minutes is saved by James Spader and mysterious unsolved back story. Also Luther starring Idris Elba on the BBC is pretty strong.

Sherlock is fantastic, although I don't really count it as TV, its more like TV movies.

Mad Men has been the best for like six years now.
2. GoT
3. Boardwalk came roaring back this year

House of Cards, The Americans and True Detective (so far) had great first seasons. But so did Homeland which is terrible now

The Bridge was awesome until the actual "Bridge" ep.

It got so bad I didn't even care about the finale, sad.

The Bridge got better after dealing with the killer. The setup for next season was promising.

House of Cards season two will be released on Friday. So pumped.

The Bridge got better after dealing with the killer. The setup for next season was promising.

except the finale was awful. i kept waiting for another ep because it felt like there was still so much left to happen.

Problem with the bridge was the first 10 eps or so came straight from the original show. They had work to do the final few eps to get ready for a us season 2.

Last edited:

"I don't watch TV. I read books."

Seen all but Downton and Suits and would rank them, from a purely entertainment standpoint:

1. GOT (solid all 3 seasons so far)
2. Justified (season 4 was a little weak, but still strong overall)
3. True Detective (sample size is mighty small though)
3a. House of Cards (A solid 2nd season could bump this up as far as 2 in my book.)
4. Mad Men (got halfway through the 4th season and just thought it was getting too depressing. I'll probably finish it once they're all available via netflix.)
5. Homeland (Made it halfway through this past season before I thought it was unwatchable. I heard it picks up at a point, so maybe I'll go back and check it out, but for now, it's dead to me.)
6. Newsroom doesn't hold a candle to any of these shows imho.

If I had to rank Boardwalk and Walking dead, I'd say Boardwalk belongs somewhere between House of Cards and Mad Men. I was just about ready to drop Boardwalk after season 2, but seasons 3 and 4 have been great. Gyp Rosseti was one of the best villains I've ever seen in a show. Walking Dead would rank below Mad Men. Their shtick has just gotten old.

Some great shows listed. Besides Boardwalk Empire we love Copper on BBC America.

True Detective is bauce, but they still have several eps to ruin it like The Bridge.

So the wife and I got through all 4 True Detective eps so far yesterday. That is a damn good show. Super psyched for the rest of the season

If you haven't seen the first season of American Horror Story you can watch it on Netflix. House of Cards is off the chain as well. IMO Homeland was trash after the first season. I regrettably have never seen madmen. So True Detective, GOT and HOC are where it's at. True Detective is awesome. BUT IF YOUR NOT DOING RED WEDDING YOU ARE NOT DOING TV.

As far as Network crap is concerned Blacklist is not bad. the fact that its a generic crime drama beautifully solved in 43 minutes is saved by James Spader and mysterious unsolved back story. Also Luther starring Idris Elba on the BBC is pretty strong.

I think we may be the same person.

American Horror Story's first season was creepy as hell and very good. I love House of Cards, halfway through season two now and it's fantastic. I haven't seen Homeland, but I loved the GOT books (haven't gotten around to seeing it yet but definitely will). The Blacklist is definitely an average show minus Spader being awesome and there being some good background plots. Luther is fantastic. I've only seen the first two seasons of that though.

I think Game of Thrones is the most entertaining.

However I think House of Cards is the best drama on the list

True Detective is my current favorite, but 4 episodes isn't enough to make it #1. I went with GOT

Back