• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

ugh i pussed out and sold off a large part of my s&p (UPRO), but stayed in on everything else. i still think the market is overvalued, but have no evidence to back that up.

good job good effort market timers

Well, the DOW is still off 300 from when I sold. I'm still plenty long, just hedged a bit. I definitely want to go back in, but still concerned. Nice short term solution they've come up with, give that can a nice firm kick..

S&P 500 Ends at Record High After Washington Deal

I recently cashed out a good chunk of stock. Don't know about anybody else, but between the market touching all time highs, Washington having its head up its ass, the coming debt ceiling debate, AND another FOMC meeting where they could announce tapering at the end of the month, I'm gonna probably sit on the sidelines with my cash this October, see how things pan out and then look for opportunities...

Thoughts?

how's it working out now?

goog's gonna kick it up another notch tomorrow..

how's it working out now?

goog's gonna kick it up another notch tomorrow..

I bought back in last friday AM. Def missed capitalizing on the biggest single day rally but this week has obviously been good. Did make some money but not gonna claim total victory here, I was pretty fortunate.

Doubt they will taper at the end of October now because of the shutdown. Probs wait till Feb.

Repubs likely won't try the same strategy in January/February, considering the beating they took, but you never know. I welcome the buying opp if they do. Just the threat of total economic annihiliation is enough it seems.

GOOG, my god...

So what's the new fixed income strategy? Traditional bonds aren't cutting it these days.

not really fixed income, but how about small cap dividend paying equities? i've seena lot of value investor blogposts pimping small regional banks that pay very consistent dividends that can be had relatively cheap because they arent sexy and institutional investors can't get involved.

mythmoneymanager.png

lol, looking back at my trade history on Scottrade I'm such an investment DONK. I just get so impatient when I make a little spread that I can't hang on for the ride. Among my favorites going back the last four years- Bought UA at 15.10 sold at 19.45, currently at 83.98. Bought DPZ at 13.15 sold at 18.97, currently at 66.98. This is just a little bit of mad money, but damn what could have been.

lol, looking back at my trade history on Scottrade I'm such an investment DONK. I just get so impatient when I make a little spread that I can't hang on for the ride. Among my favorites going back the last four years- Bought UA at 15.10 sold at 19.45, currently at 83.98. Bought DPZ at 13.15 sold at 18.97, currently at 66.98. This is just a little bit of mad money, but damn what could have been.

Literally everything has gone up over the past few years. I missed the NFLX boat. I bought it around $100, rode it to $185 and sold it because I thought it was way overvalued and now it's like $340 (was almost $400 last night).

Back