• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

Yeah, we’ve been talking about this at my firm for a few weeks now. Couldn’t figure out who was doing it, but it was HUGE volumes, so it had to be someone big.

It’s definitely the type of thing that could make this recent run unravel, but it’s still tough to bet against the Fed.

The reports today are that softbank has a $4 billion unrealized gain in the options. Not sure how they managing to unwind that.

Read this wrong. GM is receiving a $2bil stake in NKLA. That's different. Likely a win/win, but not exactly the scenario the headlines suggest.

Exxon-Mobil removed from the Dow Jones 30. How is it rationally connected to what it was 50 years ago?

Ok, so are the markets finally going to now trend towards reality?

[don’t try and time the market, don’t try and time the market, don’t try and time the market, ad nauseum.]

FUCK

The answer was sell this morning. I exited my position, but took a small hit because it was this afternoon instead of this morning. Still made, but could have had a bigger win.

Nice Timing, this was.

GM taking a $2bil stake in NKLA...

NKLA up ~20% this morning. Oops.

That's a quick round trip on the short.

And now, two days later, the stock is back below 40 and I'm in the money again.

Volatility is fun!

Seems like that was a swing and a miss. On to the next source of quick riches.

So Biden as President with a Pub Senate would be pretty good for markets, right? Steadier hand at the top, less likelihood of major tax changes, etc?

So Biden as President with a Pub Senate would be pretty good for markets, right? Steadier hand at the top, less likelihood of major tax changes, etc?

Strong winds say that Donnie Pump was putting hella pressure on JPOW to keep money flying. Two questions remain: (A) can Joey B apply pressure like The Pump, and (B) will he apply pressure like The Pump? If the answer to either of these questions is "no," then get ready for slowly increasing interest rates and a market that is going to have to rehab off it's 4 year long sweet sweet powder cocaine binge.

Regardless, I'm going to miss the boat. I'm cash gang for the next six months or more.

Assuming Senate Pubs will go along with needed additional Covid-related economic relief/aid.

Which I’ll not assume, but hope for...?

On the points above...

Expect a smaller stimulus, but maybe it gets done during lame duck. The Republicans are going to go back to pretending to be fiscally conservative... So instead of $2 trillion, think $500 billion - $1 trillion.

But yeah, the good news is that any major tax changes are going to be VERY difficult to get through the Senate.

I was worried about higher rates, but the initial move has been violently down... I think the Fed feels pressure to increase QE from here. I don't think Trump's bullying is the reason they have been pumping liquidity... It's going to continue with Biden.

haven't looked at this in a while, i hope everyone bailed on NKLA. sounds like it was all hype and no substance.

Back