• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

Not from what I can see. The people pumping it are a ton of new accounts/bots showing up on wsb and Twitter trying to misdirect.

axe cap striking back with overseas warehouses filled with reddit trolls. dollar bill works fast.

So is it assumed the shorts were able to get out of their GME position yesterday? The rise in price today would cause for some more mayhem if not.

FUBO is all over the place end of day and pre-market today with talk of squeezing shorts. I would be absolutely fine with them artificially inflating my shares if that's the case.

FUBO is all over the place end of day and pre-market today with talk of squeezing shorts. I would be absolutely fine with them artificially inflating my shares if that's the case.

I read this as Reddit was trying to revive FUBU stock and I was pretty excited for a minute.

there's a piece i'm missing - why are the hedge funds panicking - surely GME will tank when reddit gets bored, right? there aren't time limits on shorts?

A pretty cool stonk I'm looking at is BLOZF. I bought a few hundred shares around a buck. It's a THC breathalyzer and seems to have a good chance at being a big player in the space.

there's a piece i'm missing - why are the hedge funds panicking - surely GME will tank when reddit gets bored, right? there aren't time limits on shorts?

No, but there are carrying costs and (major) leverage issues. Wherever you borrowed the stock from is going to be pretty interested in whether or not you'll be able to return it to them.

There ARE time limits on shorts. I thought that was what yesterday was all about. A lot of shorts were about to be forced to cover, so Robinhood shut it down, scared a lot of little guys into selling and allowed the shorts to cover before the clock ran out.

I could be completely wrong though.

Maybe this will help:

"When traders make short sales, their brokers demand a margin payment, which is taken from their accounts to offset potential losses. As the stock's price rises, the short seller's losses grow, and the broker requires ever more margin payments. In the case of a short squeeze, short sellers are forced to panic-buy a stock so they can return it to their lenders before margin calls make them go broke."

So you can't just ride it out.

Maybe this will help:

"When traders make short sales, their brokers demand a margin payment, which is taken from their accounts to offset potential losses. As the stock's price rises, the short seller's losses grow, and the broker requires ever more margin payments. In the case of a short squeeze, short sellers are forced to panic-buy a stock so they can return it to their lenders before margin calls make them go broke."

So you can't just ride it out.

OK that makes sense. This is what I was intending to say when I said there are time limits.

Back