• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

Informative but also exposes that RH probably benefitted by a jacked up buy rate on lending out member shares of GME while simultaneously making it harder to buy.

Also, I don't think the claim that brokerages halted their larger clients from purchasing GME is true. There was still a lot of short covering on Thursday when retail investors were locked out of half the system.

Maybe retail investors should not have access to margin accounts or have it limited more?

Robinhood is a shitty platform. So are most of these other retail brokers. That’s not new.

I’ve had zero issues with TD Ameritrade.

There's another run on physical metals going on. I've been tracking the inventory of one of the larger online sites, and they just completely sold out in the past 36 hours. I think people are flooding into metals as they're worried about the stocks crashing and/or all the bullshit about not being able to buy stocks on robinhood.

APMEX still has some inventory but it'll probably be gone in a day or two if anyone wants to jump in, and SD bullion has some reasonably priced 100oz bars left. Should be worth a good flip in a week if everyone's selling out inventory.

Bloomberg article out now saying Melvin Capital lost 53% in January. Ouch

Fun time to be allocated 70% silver

There's another run on physical metals going on. I've been tracking the inventory of one of the larger online sites, and they just completely sold out in the past 36 hours. I think people are flooding into metals as they're worried about the stocks crashing and/or all the bullshit about not being able to buy stocks on robinhood.

APMEX still has some inventory but it'll probably be gone in a day or two if anyone wants to jump in, and SD bullion has some reasonably priced 100oz bars left. Should be worth a good flip in a week if everyone's selling out inventory.

just to be clear, you're LONG on silver, so it's totally fine for you to talk it up, but if you're short and talk it down you're a scumbag?

Just to be clear, it’s better to say nice things than bad things?

just to be clear, you're LONG on silver, so it's totally fine for you to talk it up, but if you're short and talk it down you're a scumbag?

If you're long more than 100% of the shares you're probably a scumbag.

Bruh, Palma has the only poster to have an inter-boards parking lot silver transaction under his belt. He knows what he's talking about.

So many truth bombs here:

LOL what the hell

also I just got an email from our public policy team saying that they had identified the reddit users responsible for the turmoil:
trading-places1-b8308c326e2d66a1c9125a031f7ed4df3d266682-s800-c85.jpg

i wasn't really expecting a sense of humor from accountants.

I haven't laughed so hard in years. Holy shit

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Is this like a comedian or something? Like, if this was done with intentionality to be funny, it's almost less funny. Still funny, but more sad that I can't distinguish between reality and satire.

Who is he? If he’s some finance guy or analyst who gets paid to stare at stock prices all day, then he’s clearly full of shit.

Who is he? If he’s some finance guy or analyst who gets paid to stare at stock prices all day, then he’s clearly full of shit.

I couldn't stop laughing as well... and he's completely full of it when he says that these "young men don't understand the markets..." I'm not finance expert but it seems like they COMPLETELY understand how the markets work, which is why the hedge funds got caught with their pants down.

Guys I bought 1 share of game stock but according to the internet I have lost money.

When do I get more money?

Back