• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

Are there any subreddits for boring, make a trade once every year or two and basically just hold types like me?

Probably r/personalfinance, or outside of Reddit the Bogleheads philosophy which is more long term, diverse portfolio focused instead of dart throwing on individual stocks hoping for a windfall.

PLTR up 5% this morning ($33.80)
KODK up 4% ($11.19)
PENN up 7.5% ($126.85)

Only thing lagging is......TSLA -1% ($841.50)

CLOV did not get the jump I was looking for yesterday and is still getting hammered today. Chalk that up as a loser, though I'm still holding shares.

Boom - PLTR over $35.00!

PLTR up 5% this morning ($33.80)
KODK up 4% ($11.19)
PENN up 7.5% ($126.85)

Only thing lagging is......TSLA -1% ($841.50)

CLOV did not get the jump I was looking for yesterday and is still getting hammered today. Chalk that up as a loser, though I'm still holding shares.

There's the CLOV bump! Chamath addresses concerns on twitter and shares jump from $11.68 to $13.05, finishes the day at $12.96

I also picked up a couple PLTR calls yesterday with my KODK call profits. Touched $40.00 last week before having a very red Thursday/Friday. I think it gets back up to $35.00 fairly quickly with $40-42 as a price target ($32.06 at time of post)

DOGE is one of the dumbest, and most hilarious, financial things I have ever seen.

Wish I had put more into MARA when I caught it at ~20.50 last week.

Me checking my Fidelity account recently after loading up on XOM in March

QONVIyz.gif

Whenever my cash transfer goes through to my investment account, I'm going to throw some money at some sector ETFs. Hopefully things that should do well on a 5 to 10-year timeline. Currently looking at fintech, genomics, gambling, gaming/esports, marijuana, and battery tech. Also will be throwing some money in SFY, which is a newish S&P tracker but which uses its own weighting algorithms and has outperformed the market so far. It's also 0% ER for a while.

Any other ideas of sectors or stocks that should be central to the 2020s? AI? BB? Throw it all at GME?

I'm pretty new at this and have little idea what I'm doing.

Last edited:
Whenever my cash transfer goes through to my investment account, I'm going to throw some money at some sector ETFs. Hopefully things that should do well on a 5 to 10-year timeline. Currently looking at fintech, genomics, gambling, gaming/esports, marijuana, and battery tech. Also will be throwing some money in SFY, which is a newish S&P tracker but which uses its own weighting algorithms and has outperformed the market so far. It's also 0% ER for a while.

Any other ideas of sectors or stocks that should be central to the 2020s? AI? BB? Throw it all at GME?

I'm with you on most of those ETFs, with general sin style ETF rather than just gambling. I'm also favoring emerging markets in case bottom does fall out of US (like XSOE)

I like semi conductors, robotics, and cloud computing. Agree with dot com, that emerging markets could be solid and I like XSOE.

I suggested the MJ ETF a week or so ago and it's been climbing. It'll probably pullback this week when Aurora releases earnings but then will continue to climb over the next couple of years. With Dems running the show, I'd say MJ is a pretty good one to be in. Medium risk high reward.

DOGE is one of the dumbest, and most hilarious, financial things I have ever seen.

Yeah I convinced myself of this and sold for a tiny gain the other night. I missed the big jump above $.06...I have trouble investing in something I don't understand, but Snoop and Elon are pushing it so I guess that holds some weight.

I made some money with AMC earlier. I've been out for a week/few days.

I dipped my toe back in this morning with some shares, calls, and leaps. Since their debt has largely been eliminated, I think they have good survivability until we get back to "normal." They were $30+/share pre-pandemic.

I made some money with AMC earlier. I've been out for a week/few days.

I dipped my toe back in this morning with some shares, calls, and leaps. Since their debt has largely been eliminated, I think they have good survivability until we get back to "normal." They were $30+/share pre-pandemic.

I've got $6 AMC puts that are tasty right now

I've got a 5.5 Jan 20, 2023 leap call that has so much upside potential that I'm practically jizzing my pants right now.

I'm worried my Feb 19 calls were going to print today, but might not get another chance.

Marijuana and oil stocks killing it this week. KOPN continues to grow 8-10% every day. Zillow hit it big afterhours, outperforming their earnings targets.

I feel like half this thread is just hindsight statements about what would have made a lot of money

Marijuana and oil stocks killing it this week. KOPN continues to grow 8-10% every day. Zillow hit it big afterhours, outperforming their earnings targets.

I threw some money into the YOLO and TOKE ETFs and they're up like 25% and 20%, respectively, over the past week. Might end up buying some more since I originally got into them with the long term in mind.

Back