• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

After a few days of being bombarded by Yahoo Finance push alerts that "Stock you own is down 5%", I finally turned them off.

i'm here to report that my beginning to invest my own cash has tanked the market....I have lost 20% in the last several weeks. NICE JOB BY ME.

i'm here to report that my beginning to invest my own cash has tanked the market....I have lost 20% in the last several weeks. NICE JOB BY ME.

Same here - I would have been much happier investing a chunk of money now rather than 6-8 weeks ago. That said, I don't need it anytime soon and everything I've ever read from smart investors says the time in the market is the most important factor, rather than the timing. I still think with a new relief bill passed we see a solid bounce back. I think this is a correction rather than a sign of a turning bear market.

Yeah, I'm confident that by the time I need it, I'll see perfectly fine growth. May as well "buy they dips", as they say.

Can't speak for equities but ETFs should be able to reconfigure if someone falls to pieces anyway.

Seems like the institutional investors decided to show retail who runs the markets and shake out some loose hands. Today was a nice rebound in the Nasdaq.

yeah i just put another round of cash in to get the jump on bidenbucks.

I am very conservative with most of my investments, but I also have ~10% (+/-) where I take risks on certain things I think could have huge upside (or go to zero).

Nobody wants to hear about the buy and hold names that I have owned for years and will own for years, pretty much regardless of what they do day to day. And I also don't know that I'd recommend them on here because I think to own a stock like that you have to truly believe in the long-term thesis.

I do have the "advantage" of working in equity research and talking about these things all day (when I'm not posting). So I think that helps me identify long-term secular winners.

But when I posted that I like TELL a few weeks ago, that falls into the high risk/reward category. I still like that one, by the way.

I did some research and took a modest position on TELL several days ago. It's up about 17% right now. MORE PICKS!

the motley fool crew will spam the SHIT out of your inbox, and 80% of it is them trying to upsell you to some new $1500 report about driverless cars or something.

We have a red Friday before going stimmibux hard on Monday, right? Or do you think stimmibux excitement gives us a green Friday?

does anyone have a recommended bank?

i've all over the place (schwab, chase, amex savings + wealthfront for robo) -- i'm sure there's a more streamlined / modern solution with way better ux

Back