• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

what are you trying to do? just checking and saving?

I use Alliant Credit Union -- fully online credit union with a workaround to make it available to anyone -- all ATM fees reimbursed (or something like 10 a month, more than I'd ever use), higher-than-average savings account rate, easy mobile check deposits, even got a few hundred off my car purchase using their car buying service

very no frills, but easy

yeah more or less. current issue is i use schwab for the ATM reimbursements, chase to have a physical bank and for wiriting, and then amex since they have a reasonable interest rates. plus then a separate brokerage for robo and investing.

ideally would collapse to one or two

yeah more or less. current issue is i use schwab for the ATM reimbursements, chase to have a physical bank and for wiriting, and then amex since they have a reasonable interest rates. plus then a separate brokerage for robo and investing.

ideally would collapse to one or two

I use USAA for everything I possibly can, then a local credit union (SECU) for physical things USAA can't do. I have the accounts linked both ways so I can free-flow money between them.

i feel like this is you guys wisely telling me to punch out of the woods back onto the fairway, which is appreciated and probably the right answer. but i'm also curious about the "draw a 4 iron to thread the needle between a bunch of trees and land it on the green" type suggestions.

i feel like this is you guys wisely telling me to punch out of the woods back onto the fairway, which is appreciated and probably the right answer. but i'm also curious about the "draw a 4 iron to thread the needle between a bunch of trees and land it on the green" type suggestions.

Hahaha. I have no idea.

How about using Venmo or Cash App for everything and just keeping the balance in bitcoin until you need the cash? That's more of a 2-iron, though.

And I would NEVER do that.

does anyone have a recommended bank?

i've all over the place (schwab, chase, amex savings + wealthfront for robo) -- i'm sure there's a more streamlined / modern solution with way better ux

Do find value in wealthfront (or bettermint or whatever)? I'm purely an index fund guy, which I've just been doing myself in Schwab, so wasn't sure if the 0.25% was worth it.

I feel personally attacked.

I'm with Bank of America cause I'm a fucking American

What about Chime?

11-09-13-tiger-shape-around-tree.gif

Do find value in wealthfront (or bettermint or whatever)? I'm purely an index fund guy, which I've just been doing myself in Schwab, so wasn't sure if the 0.25% was worth it.

haven't thought toooo much about it -- they claim a 34.2% time-weighted return (48% in absolute dollars) for me over the past 18 months, but not sure how that compares to the market. my mix is largely stocks anyway. also saved over $1k on taxes from the harvesting algorithms. about $200 in fees.

Looks like today's Federal Reserve forecast eased investors worries a bit. Picked up UPST last week in the run up to their earnings. Killed it with a big Q4 and up 47% after-hours today. NNOX is my next gamble - should be getting FDA approval for a new way of taking x-rays that will make them far cheaper and mobile. Sounds like it will be a game changer - have any doctors here heard of this tech?

Looks like today's Federal Reserve forecast eased investors worries a bit. Picked up UPST last week in the run up to their earnings. Killed it with a big Q4 and up 47% after-hours today. NNOX is my next gamble - should be getting FDA approval for a new way of taking x-rays that will make them far cheaper and mobile. Sounds like it will be a game changer - have any doctors here heard of this tech?

Sounds like a good option play.

guess what other companies would you be in on and how do you distinguish between them?

I'm in on crypto coin $OMI, I have a few pretty detailed posts on that thread if you want to check them out.

Have also bought collectables on the Veve app and NBA Top Shot (Nonny is a massive player in this market)

Own 7 pieces of art from NiftyGateways, 6 by former MLB player Micah Johnson and 1 by TooMuchLag

Did any of that make sense or just gibberish?

I'm in on crypto coin $OMI, I have a few pretty detailed posts on that thread if you want to check them out.

Have also bought collectables on the Veve app and NBA Top Shot (Nonny is a massive player in this market)

Own 7 pieces of art from NiftyGateways, 6 by former MLB player Micah Johnson and 1 by TooMuchLag

Did any of that make sense or just gibberish?

ha it does. say like Top Shot, is there something specific to invest in?

Back