• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

ha it does. say like Top Shot, is there something specific to invest in?

I'd say you have two options with Top Shot:

1. Create an account and start joining the pack drops. Right now, you have like a 5%-10% chance of getting a pack each drop. There's usually 300,000 people in a queue for 20,000-30,000 packs (it changes each drop). If you happen to get a pack, you can almost always sell the "moments" (cards) for 500%-1000% ROI instantly. Another strategy might be to just open the pack then sit on the moments, hoping they'll increase in value over time. Either way, if you can get a pack right now, it is guaranteed profit. There is literally little to no risk here, other than wasting your time joining a pack queue and then not getting anything.

2. Invest in the Crypto $FLOW.

"Flow is a fast, decentralized, and developer-friendly blockchain, designed as the foundation for a new generation of games, apps, and the digital assets that power them. Flow is the only layer-one blockchain originally created by a team that has consistently delivered great consumer blockchain experiences: CryptoKitties, Dapper Wallet, NBA Top Shot"

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/flow/

So if you buy a tesla with a bitcoin and it ends up being a lemon, tesla has the option of paying you back either with how many bitcoins you paid, or with the original purchase price of the car. So if bitcoin crashes, you get your bitcoin back. If it moons, you get dollars back.

So this margin call thing on Friday was interesting. Apparently if you own more than 5% of a US company you get registered, but of course you can own a derivative which lets you basically 10x leverage positions in stocks and not register it. And this dude who already admitted to like insider trading was behind the push up in viacom and a few other companies, and he got margin called as the bets on viacom reversed last week.

It's kinda fucked up that these over the counter derivatives 1) exist and 2) average investors can't use em. But it sounds like a few banks like Credit Suisse lost a few billion dollars on the crash. Banks shouldn't be able to lose billions of dollars on others' speculation, that's not what we need banks to do.

Reading another article, and the way it was structured was all the stocks ultimately were on the banks balance sheet, and the banks (Goldman, Morgan stanley, credit suisse) let this dude lever his position 6-8x. But the company (CBS) that just had its stock quadruple said woah, let me raise $3 billion in new shares, and it started the drop where everyone put a margin call on the guy and started selling his shit. The banks ended up owning 20-60% of the stock of a handful of companies, then they all raced to dump their shares at the same time.

Ramped up my MSOS and CRLBF holdings last week as NY/NM are legalizing marijuana and a national conversation sounds likely in the next month. Seems like red and blue states are getting in line now that the tax profits are obvious.

Looks like FDA approval is about to happen for NNOX. Beginning to shoot up today - PR is expected tomorrow or Monday.

Growth stocks look like they may have finally hit bottom. Two solid green days across the board.

Feels good to be a money-making genius again after being a money-losing fool for the last few weeks

Feels good to be a money-making genius again after being a money-losing fool for the last few weeks

yeah I went all in 100% of my portfolio (small) on Tesla at $610 w/ max margin last week. I liked the $690 open! Didn't like the $660 close. Had to pretty much liquidate everything I had to finish my pinball game room/pay off car/pay taxes. Never felt comfortable betting on things like crypto or tesla stock when I still had liabilities or things that I wanted. But now I ran out of room for more pinball machines and paid off all my debts, so just going to go crazy investing with margin on the most volatile things I can find. I've got a fairly large capital loss built up from my failed shorting of Zoom stock a year ago, so day trading is fun.

Last edited:
6eb66f00e08d7a51b2aa5f49a3415d93.jpg

I do need to decorate the walls though! And yes, this is the living room of a standard 2BR apt. I’m fairly sure when I try to retire in 20 years I’d wish I’d have stuck the pinball funds in an ETF

Last edited:
lol you are an absolute mad man. makes me want to pursue my dreams of owning big buck hunter

My 90 y/o mother-in-law died last year. In settling her estate, we discovered that a few years ago her "financial advisor" placed a portion of her investment account in something called an "interval fund". I'm fairly up-to-speed on markets, mutual funds, retirement accounts, etc., but this was a new one on me. Upon looking into what an interval fund is, I'm pretty pissed that her guy put her in this thing; clearly not intended for a widow whose financial sophistication never advanced beyond balancing her checkbook. Curious to know if anyone else is familiar with these funds.

lol you are an absolute mad man. makes me want to pursue my dreams of owning big buck hunter

Supposedly there's a new home version big buck hunter people on my pinball forum rave about.

Palma how in the absolute fuck did you get your wife to agree to that?

Expectations. We were in a 1BR previously, and moved specifically to a 2BR not because we need a 2nd bedroom, but to fit the pinball machines. You just went through house hunting, now was the time for you to specifically look for a house with a predefined area set to be your man cave.

My 90 y/o mother-in-law died last year. In settling her estate, we discovered that a few years ago her "financial advisor" placed a portion of her investment account in something called an "interval fund". I'm fairly up-to-speed on markets, mutual funds, retirement accounts, etc., but this was a new one on me. Upon looking into what an interval fund is, I'm pretty pissed that her guy put her in this thing; clearly not intended for a widow whose financial sophistication never advanced beyond balancing her checkbook. Curious to know if anyone else is familiar with these funds.

Is this an undue influence situation?

What was his commission on this?

NNOX got FDA clearance for their one source x-ray on Friday - should be real interesting how high the stock jumps tomorrow. They'll apply for a multisource clearance in the coming months but this allows licensing and basically legitimizes the technology for those who doubted it. A long way from taking over the industry, but it sounds like the potential is there to permanently change how x-rays, MRIs, etc are done and opens up the market to under-served countries.

Back