• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

This morning's pullback is rational, right?

I'm not freaking out, but me but freaking out is the only thing concerning me. I realize that's kinda dumb, but this cycle seems so routine.

This morning's pullback is rational, right?

I'm not freaking out, but me but freaking out is the only thing concerning me. I realize that's kinda dumb, but this cycle seems so routine.

It's August. It's expected.

I love the pullbacks. Wait for one, load SPY calls, profit, repeat.

SQFT

Long-ish position (months/quarters). Dividend is out of fucking control. Strong buy right now around the $4 mark.

I went hard into this stock in the ~$3.50 range. Today it's ~$4.20 after a 3.50% jump, but dividend records in a week. I want to sell and take those sweet fucking gains, but I also want to see how the stock plays nearer the record date.

Do you guys think that players take profit off the jump on Thursday/Friday, or do you think it'll be a steady climb to the record day on the 7th?

I went hard into this stock in the ~$3.50 range. Today it's ~$4.20 after a 3.50% jump, but dividend records in a week. I want to sell and take those sweet fucking gains, but I also want to see how the stock plays nearer the record date.

Do you guys think that players take profit off the jump on Thursday/Friday, or do you think it'll be a steady climb to the record day on the 7th?

Hey Knight, take the profits, you fuckin' NUMPTY. You don't lose money until you sell; but you also don't FUCKING MAKE MONEY.

i have been sitting on xpress spa waiting for travel to pick up. patience is not my favorite

LK I like your SPY calls strategy. How far out do you buy? i was screwing around with this on etrade this morning and trying to figure out the strategy. seems like anything less than a few days is probably too quick to make much money?

LK I like your SPY calls strategy. How far out do you buy? i was screwing around with this on etrade this morning and trying to figure out the strategy. seems like anything less than a few days is probably too quick to make much money?

Wait this one out for awhile. This past year the SPY had rebounded sharply off the 50ema every time. We knifed right through it this morning. I don't know how to time the bottom now. I'll probably wait until we have back to back days closing green, and not on a day of any major fed activity before I buy some calls.

I've been hoarding cash for a variety of reasons. Not really trying to time the market.

Could come in handy, however, if this turns out to be a sustained dive...

I would show you where the bad man touched me, but I don't think there's enough of my cratered asshole left to even give you an idea of how it used to be such a beautiful little balloon knot.

You’ve missed a great year then

Nah…, well maybe partly. I didn’t take anything out. And still doing retirement savings, most of which is in the market.

Anyhow, my reasons for holding some cash beyond that make sense to me for now. Not however hoping for a serious or protracted downturn…just could be somewhat accidentally positioned to buy low if so…

Not sure who is tracking the fallout from Robinhood fucking over people who were trading AMC and GME back in late January, but it's pretty obvious they colluded with Citadel to prevent a liquidity crisis. And at the same time it sounds like they may have sold off positions in GME and AMC prior to restricting them to avoid eating even more losses themselves. People need to be in jail for this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amcstock/c...nior/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

oe6kj9s1ggq71.jpg

D - What is happening now with brokerages putting the breaks on certain high risk moves is what our legal system incents them to do. Why? Because if (I should probably say when) GME collapses and RH and other brokerages don't stop people from using leverage right now to pile in, then you know the lawsuits will be forthcoming saying they didn't do enough to prevent folks from hurting themselves. I'm not saying that it is right or fair, but I absolutely grasp why RH would take these steps for their own interests as a company longer term given the legal framework within which they presently operate.

Who the fuck said RH did this for altruistic reasons. They did if for legal reasons. The same people pissed at RH for stopping Uncle Joe from using leverage to pile into a stock that was trading at 130x trailing 12 mos net income (net income that declined over 50% YoY) as of this morning, would normally be the same ones saying RH took advantage of Uncle Joe by letting him act like a dumb ass. GME, btw, has dropped from $483 to $132 in trading TODAY.

I mean are you shocked other people stepped in to short the stock after it traded to those insane multiples?

Fine, remove the "leverage". Doesn't change the point. RH is doing this to protect their own ass legally. And, as said above, how much that hurts their business remains to be seen.

If you want to trade in a true permissionless manner, go swap crypto on a decentralized platform or use DeFi that way.

After a night of digesting the news...this had fuck all to do with fear of being sued and everything to do with their financial viability.

Just a brief history of the peak dumbfuckery where someone actually tried to argue this was about anything but a liquidity crisis for the players involved.

I never thought this to possibly be the case, but with inflation + all the free government money trickling into the hobby industry, pinball machines have been my best performing investment the past two years. I've got one that is up anywhere from 50-70% in under a year. Knight may have fleeced me on that bullion purchase =(

I never thought this to possibly be the case, but with inflation + all the free government money trickling into the hobby industry, pinball machines have been my best performing investment the past two years. I've got one that is up anywhere from 50-70% in under a year. Knight may have fleeced me on that bullion purchase =(

You made money.

XSPA - down 44% since purchase but it's a small position so i will continue to stay in it
COIN - down 15% since purchase, fuck you crypto
SPY - up 9% since purchase, why the hell do i try to pick anything

and this made me realize that i have $5k of cash just sitting there doing nothing so i grant knight the right to choose where it goes so long as i can buy it on etrade

Back