• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

So far, so good! Sheesh

Not really. They halted it for 30 minutes at open, which is completely unheard of. Then it knifed after the first initial jump. My stop finally got hit at 120. Still massive profit for me, but market manipulation similar to January is afoot again.

Part of me thinks this whole media company thing was just a way for Trump to pay off some massive debt.

PHUN ran from 5ish to 24 this morning. Then fell to 18 and halted for almost 45 minutes. Between that and DWAC it's the two longest intraday halts I think the market has ever recorded. 15 minute halt for volatility has been standard.

I have made such a shitload of money in the last two weeks. I'm just going to bury this shit in the ground. Give me some fucking bricks

I'm up 107% this month on my day trading account. Best month I've ever had. Almost back to break even on the year lol.

This may be the top bad trade on the Investment Thread. I'm still bag holding a -66% position. Creamy, I love you.

-70% now. My all time worst trade ever. BLOZF...just brutal. I only put $1,000 in it; but seeing that bitch worth $300 is just like, "what the fuck?" It taints my other beautiful plays.

-70% now. My all time worst trade ever. BLOZF...just brutal. I only put $1,000 in it; but seeing that bitch worth $300 is just like, "what the fuck?" It taints my other beautiful plays.

Always had you pegged as a guy that enjoys a good taint

My worst investment by a mile was the now defunct Moviepass (technically the data analytics firm, Helios and Matheson). I really had faith that one of the Netflix creators could revolutionize the theater industry as well...Unfortunately Regal, AMC and the like were much more proactive in fending off competition than Blockbuster was.

My worst investment by a mile was the now defunct Moviepass (technically the data analytics firm, Helios and Matheson). I really had faith that one of the Netflix creators could revolutionize the theater industry as well...Unfortunately Regal, AMC and the like were much more proactive in fending off competition than Blockbuster was.

giphy.gif

I no longer understand the stock market. The amount of green I am seeing is just completely decoupled from reality. Where the fuck is the money coming from?

I no longer understand the stock market. The amount of green I am seeing is just completely decoupled from reality. Where the fuck is the money coming from?

Out of your pocket and into Liquid's.

TELL poking its head above $4 today... I still own it.

This doesn't get a lot less press, but there's a thing called the Employee Retention Credit that basically is paying $7,000 per quarter, per employee that now seems to be extended to the 4th quarter (The Biden infrastructure bill would have ended it in 3Q). But it's in some cases as much or now more than the PPP was. There's just this select pocket of business owners that are getting so much free government money it's distorting the markets and high end real estate markets bigly.

This doesn't get a lot less press, but there's a thing called the Employee Retention Credit that basically is paying $7,000 per quarter, per employee that now seems to be extended to the 4th quarter (The Biden infrastructure bill would have ended it in 3Q). But it's in some cases as much or now more than the PPP was. There's just this select pocket of business owners that are getting so much free government money it's distorting the markets and high end real estate markets bigly.

Do you really think that is the dynamic impacting the stock market and real estate markets?

Or are you just mentioning it as a marginal factor?

Do you really think that is the dynamic impacting the stock market and real estate markets?

It's gotta be a marginal factor. LK and Palmab are right - there's just so many small/medium streams of liquidity that are all acting as tributaries into portfolios.

Inflation is real right now, but it's possible we are still in the beginning stages of the climb.

Well the whatever hundreds of billions the fed is purchasing of treasuries that ordinary folks aren't and thus the ordinary folks are forced to go into the stock market is probably the biggest factor, no? but man I know I'm small sample size deac, but I'm just seeing so much free money. Most of the employee retention money has been claimed but not received yet, so that will be the driver once those checks come rolling in from the IRS.

TELL has been strong for a little while now... Hoping it can break out past its June highs of ~$6.

JPOW: "I know high prices hurt poor people, but that's not really my problem." BBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Back