Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677
Results 1,521 to 1,525 of 1525

Thread: Investment Thread - For all your money needs

Quote Originally Posted by Dali Llama View Post
    MARA, lovely MARA
    I rode it from 25 to 41 then bailed =(
    Last edited by stugotz; 04-05-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Anyone got any experience with pledged asset mortgages? From what I understand lets say you want to buy a $100k house, instead of putting $20k down and taking an $80k mortgage, you take out a $100k mortgage (paying more interest) but just pledge some stock? Seems an interesting concept if you'd be taking capital gains in selling the stock to pay for the down payment.

Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    Anyone got any experience with pledged asset mortgages? From what I understand lets say you want to buy a $100k house, instead of putting $20k down and taking an $80k mortgage, you take out a $100k mortgage (paying more interest) but just pledge some stock? Seems an interesting concept if you'd be taking capital gains in selling the stock to pay for the down payment.
    I hope this is real. If so, we've come full circle back to asset-backed financing. Thank god.

Income based lending is just so...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Deac Doug View Post
    I hope this is real. If so, we've come full circle back to asset-backed financing. Thank god.

Income based lending is just so...ugh.
    Well I mean you're still pledging 20% of the mortgage, the rest is still being underwritten based on income.