• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

I wish I had put more money in Tesla near the beginning of the pandemic. My God.

Over $2K now. Up nearly 50% since the stock split announcement.

Last edited:
I wish I had put more money in Tesla near the beginning of the pandemic. My God.

I wish I hadn't shorted Tesla when I assumed their factory couldn't operate and so it would tank back down to $300

I bought at $429...sold at $504...then bought again at $485. Of course I wish I had bought even more! A good regret to have at least.

script>

qrLh9oI.jpg

Those 10 at 210 haunt me sometimes. That's 18k left on the table. I still made...but god damn.

I am somebody who has just been putting $ into a roboadviser so I know jack squat about stocks, really. What is the reason you buy & sell in the same day? I understand it at the start but why now when it’s shown it’s not really going down? Why not let em all ride?

I had not bought an individual stock in years. I bought and sold quickly because I thought I would take a quick profit. Then the price dropped a little and I decided to buy back the same amount. I also bought some Dexcom, one I wish I had gotten in on years ago. I had given up on the idea, but it dropped to around $200 in March so I bought some over the March and April time period. I only get a good idea about once a decade, so I have to act.

I am somebody who has just been putting $ into a roboadviser so I know jack squat about stocks, really. What is the reason you buy & sell in the same day? I understand it at the start but why now when it’s shown it’s not really going down? Why not let em all ride?

Realizing the gain and cashing out vs continuing to take a risk. The bolded is how countless folks have lost their shirts since the beginning of time.

I miss out on profits. But I also miss out on losses. That's the idea anyway.

TSLA hasn't always just gone up. And no serious trader thinks this stock is all legit short term. There is pump. Lots of pump. But I think TSLA is the next Ford.

I'm cashing out shortly after the split. I'll probably miss out on some gains...but at this point I'm too worried about a correction.

Yeah, if (when) the market cracks, TSLA is going to be one of the stocks leading the way down.

I can understand owning it here (obviously), but I'd have a really hard time buying any right now.

I think it has a decent chance to get to $2500 before the split. I guess I'm very bullish. Yes, there will be plenty of volatility, but there is still a ton of growth remaining, IMO, and has a high probability of being a monster in 5-10 years. Take a little profit along the way, but I'm way long on Tesla.

I think it has a decent chance to get to $2500 before the split. I guess I'm very bullish. Yes, there will be plenty of volatility, but there is still a ton of growth remaining, IMO, and has a high probability of being a monster in 5-10 years. Take a little profit along the way, but I'm way long on Tesla.

I will bet you a mallowcup that it doesn't hit $2500 pre-split (I'm assuming you mean next friday, as opposed to this friday when shares are counted?).

It amazes me how many Tesla shorts and non-believers are out there. Tough stock to trade given the disconnect between the underlying financials and the valuation but like Ayo feel very bullish on the company long term. Elon Musk is truly a one-of-a-kind guy. He built a fucking company that is sending NASA astronauts to outer space on reusable rockets. So yeah.

You don't think that growth is already largely reflected in the stock price?

TSLA now has a market cap bigger than WMT. That is just silly.

Agree that if things go well from here, they will start making big profits over the next few years... But the stock more than reflects that.

I am NOT actively short TSLA... I may be an idiot, but I am not dumb enough to bet against the stock. I just don't understand the valuation, even in the rosiest of scenarios.

Back