• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

Man I've been listening to a lot of talking heads the last few days. They are all over the place on whether the market has another leg down to go. I'm about to start DCA'ing on some of these "bargains". I presume they'll be going sideways at best for a while. If they take another leg down I guess I'll just be lowering my overall basis as we go.

Also, for all crypto has fallen since November, measured from the last massive dump of all asset classes in March of 2020 BTC and ETH have vastly outperformed all the stock indices. Either portends a whole lot more pain still to come or that the adoption and growth of the space overall warrants the outcome.

Finally, Powell telling the banking committee today he wants to get inflation back to 2% seems really far-fetched anytime soon.

The 2% goal isn't realistic. If inflation is cut in half (to around 4%) that would be a huge win.

2% has been the stated goal for as long as I can remember. And I also remember they were lamenting the fact that they couldn't even get it close to that number as recently as a couple of years ago.

They aren't going to adjust that figure as part of their dual mandate.

Going long UVXY (ProShares Ultra VIX Short Term Futures ETF)
UVXY magnifies 1.5x.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Foreign exchange rates have been a noteworthy headwind for a number of major US companies as the dollar has strengthened vs most everything else.

Currency forecasting is a fool’s errand, though. No telling what exchange rates will do going forward.

I like the part where we're still seeing gross inflation even with Biden manipulating the price of oil with the SPR. Mix-master-Powell gonna touch us deep; at least another .75

I like the part where we're still seeing gross inflation even with Biden manipulating the price of oil with the SPR. Mix-master-Powell gonna touch us deep; at least another .75
Just read that Jay Z, Tom Brady, Kanye, etc. all got like $2 million dollar forgiven PPP loans. The theft of a generation.

Not sure if the fall today is the rumors of another 125 bps of interest rates coming, or Biden's Armageddon comments, but it's bloody ugly.

It’s pretty fucked up the Fed and the market basically require people to lose their jobs and become unemployed for the elite good times to continue, nice system we have.

The bounce earlier this week on a sudden expectation that maybe the Fed might slow down hikes and then even make some cuts in '23 was ridiculous. We were hugely oversold, so anything was going to cause a bounce. But the September non-farm payrolls was actually pretty good... So, yeah, the Fed isn't done. They have more work to do to destroy the US economy.

But yeah, Biden isn't helping with his comments on Armageddon. And he looked pretty weak/dumb with his comments on the OPEC+ cut. I know he doesn't want gas prices going higher into the election, but there are bigger issues to deal with here if Russia is still able to keep such a strong relationship (and have influence on) other OPEC+ participants.

It’s pretty fucked up the Fed and the market basically require people to lose their jobs and become unemployed for the elite good times to continue, nice system we have.

Investors just want those sweet rate cuts... They long for the "bad news is actually good news" days where the Fed comes to the rescue. Not happening now (or hopefully anytime soon).

Burn it all to the ground.

200.gif

Back