Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22626768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1522

Thread: Investment Thread - For all your money needs

  1. #1421
    what is the origin of diamond hands?

  2. #1422
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    The wife and I already max out a couple Roths a piece, and we're at a point where we can go ahead and get rid of this whole mortgage thing in the next 6 months or so. So tell me, rich Wake people, what should I do with the monthly money that we used to spend on our mortgage.
    Wait a sec, a couple of Roths for each of you? Or you each do one? Presuming the second...

  3. #1423
    Quote Originally Posted by 06deacon View Post
    Wait a sec, a couple of Roths for each of you? Or you each do one? Presuming the second...
    Yeah, we each have 2. One for our supplemental retirement and one for college for each of our kids. Is that dumb?

  4. #1424
    GME up 50% isn't an alert I expected today

  5. #1425
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Yeah, we each have 2. One for our supplemental retirement and one for college for each of our kids. Is that dumb?
    Possibly 529ís for the kids education expenses?
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

  6. #1426
    GME going through the roof in real time. Crazy to watch. Up 90% in 90 minutes.

  7. #1427
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Yeah, we each have 2. One for our supplemental retirement and one for college for each of our kids. Is that dumb?
    are you sure it's a Roth IRA? pretty sure you need to have income to contribute to a Roth IRA.

    perhaps a 529 savings account, as noted by connor

  8. #1428
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    are you sure it's a Roth IRA? pretty sure you need to have income to contribute to a Roth IRA.

    perhaps a 529 savings account, as noted by connor
    Yeah theyíre all Rothís. Just in our names.

  9. #1429
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    The wife and I already max out a couple Roths a piece, and we're at a point where we can go ahead and get rid of this whole mortgage thing in the next 6 months or so. So tell me, rich Wake people, what should I do with the monthly money that we used to spend on our mortgage.
    Find a good financial advisor / wealth manager who can help you develop a real plan and don't come back to this thread.

  10. #1430
    Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastdeac View Post
    Find a good financial advisor / wealth manager who can help you develop a real plan and don't come back to this thread.
    I mean, this is probably the right answer, but there's no fun in that.

  11. #1431
    Quote Originally Posted by ipitytheblue View Post
    GME going through the roof in real time. Crazy to watch. Up 90% in 90 minutes.
    Lol

    Iíd stay away.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

  12. #1432
    Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastdeac View Post
    Find a good financial advisor / wealth manager who can help you develop a real plan and don't come back to this thread.
    The right answer generally is to keep living below your means and maximize all tax free and tax deferred savings/growth.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

  13. #1433
    My 401K went up 2.7% on the day based pretty much entirely on a 1.5% share of GME. Crazy.

    It does make me wonder why on earth that index fund is invested in GME right now though.

  14. #1434
    Anyone feel Facebook is very undervalued at the moment? I know the service is flattening and will fade in the US, but they have so much more going on and make buckets of money. Growth stocks get all the attention but FB seems like it still has plenty of opportunity. Do the antitrust possibilities make it more or less attractive?

  15. #1435
    Fuck Facebook







    (I have no idea if itís undervalued or not)

  16. #1436
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    Lol

    Iíd stay away.

    Oh I know. I have a few shares for fun just to see what happens. If the "squeeze" gets "squoze", I'll buy another bike or something.

    Up 104% at the end of the day and another 83% after hours.

  17. #1437
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Yeah, we each have 2. One for our supplemental retirement and one for college for each of our kids. Is that dumb?
    Are you going over the contribution limits if youíre maxing out two accounts each?

  18. #1438
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Yeah, we each have 2. One for our supplemental retirement and one for college for each of our kids. Is that dumb?
    How do you report them on your taxes? Whatís the total $ you contribute?

    And yes, using a Roth IRA in your name for college savings is dumb. It reduces the amount you can save for retirement and youíll pay tax on any earnings you withdraw. It will also affect your FAFSA expected family contribution amount.

  19. #1439

  20. #1440
    Your house is paid off and you're like 40? Why send your kids to college? To teach them how to spend the #trustfund?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •