• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boards Valentines

Reaction score
In this thread, we send out valentines to the special boards someone in our lives.

For me, that person is Marquee Moon.

I started going to this Flywheel class at the gym I go to here in Atlanta for white, hipster nerds and rich black people. For a few weeks, the classes were great. The instructor was cool, most of the hipsters had no idea who I was (I even overheard someone saying "the NFL is so passe"), and the others just bragged to their friends about it. Then one day, this new guy started in the class. He wore these ridiculous Italian designer bike shorts, and you could hear him muttering to himself throughout the class "dwarfs... gingers... fatties..." like, clearly working through some shit. He never listened to the instructor either, he always had his headphones on so he could listen to his own music. None of that really bothered me, but he kept staring at me. Every class, start to finish, just staring right at me.

One day in the locker room, I was changing into my typical Sunday best (purple crushed velvet and power clashing shirt/tie combo) in the locker room after class, and I see him waking over to me. He hands me these headphones and says "You gotta listen to this, it'll change your life." Lo and behold, the eponymous, Marquee Moon. At first I thought, man, this is terrible. The fuck is it with white people and guitars? And how long does he expect me to listen to this shit? Y'all the song is like 10 minutes long. I gotta admit though, I was kinda into it. That, and I was afraid of what this dude might do if I pulled away. Turns out he's a decent dude. He's got some hangups; he's weird as shit. I did, in fact, switch to kettlebell.

But for some reason today of all days, Valentine's day, I find myself thinking about that dude. Wherever you are, MM, happy Valentine's Day.

P.S. you can get good bike shorts for like $50. Them Ed Hardy shits you wear...

Moonz ate a bag of Cheetos just before his "nooner" with Braces. Just to make things exciting.

happy valentine's day to ELC!

i've been watching lots and lots of will & grace lately

Brews and the Bro thread crew are just hoping to get DG3's sloppy seconds.

Back