• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Family Spring Break...

CHDeac

Reaction score
Need some ideas. Have a 6 YO girl and a 10 YO boy. Looking for a family spring break. Every kid in Chapel Hill is leaving for Spring Break and the idea of spending the week with no friends around scares us...

Recently, we've hit Socal, gone skiing, spent a few days in Williamsburg and gone to DC.

Any ideas? Thinking about skiing again or DC since I grew up there and know all the cool stuff to do. But we cant get too excited for either. My wife is 100% anti cruise...

Thinking of London this summer.

Yeah, first world problems. But 2013 sucked beyond believe (thanks Obamacare) so 2014 is time to enjoy...

Help!

what do you guys enjoy- beach, pool, theme parks, history? driving or flying distance?

No clue if this would be up your alley, but the best spring break trip I took with my family was to a dude ranch in the Texas hill country (cue steers/queers jokes). I was 12 or 13 at the time, my brother was 9 or 10. Horseback trail riding every day, sleeping in a log cabin, meals around a pit fire when they rang the triangle (including 6 am steak for breakfast every day), campfires every night... great memories, and completely different from the standard Disney World fair.

images

Yeah time for Disney, 10 and 6 are perfect ages.

Don't be an ass, take your kids there if you can afford it.

Agree Disney is the way to go at those ages. Warm weather over spring break is a plus. Take in a couple of spring training baseball games with your family for an unforgettable trip.

Agree Disney is the way to go at those ages. Warm weather over spring break is a plus. Take in a couple of spring training baseball games with your family for an unforgettable trip.

My kids have no interest in Disney. Odd. We've talked to them, their friends go and they say "meh" rather go to "random big city" or to the beach.

And there's no doubt Im an ass...

We do like the beach so thinking maybe Florida or the Bahamas. I also like Bermuda but too cold for them.

You have some weird kids. :p

They say "meh" to Harry Potter world??

Cruise?

Nothing wrong w/ a Caribbean destination.

We try to do that but the past years it hasn't lined up for spring training. But ST is one of my favorite things to do.

Being an insurance industry shill pays well!

My wife and I used to wait until about a week before Spring break and book a last minute all inclusive deal. One year we waited until 2 weeks out and then booked an AI in Cancun for us and 2 kids, with airfare and spend about $1700. Still can't believe that deal.

What's everyone else doing for the summer? We are going to HHI for a week and spending 2 weeks in Cancun. We looked at Disney but decided to wait one more year for the youngest Karma to be a bit older.

Judy Greer is so underrated in all aspects.

What is the date?

Disney is not ideal for “the kids” at age 6, only ideal for you to look at your kid in the middle of all the disney fan fare, they will not remember it at age 12 other than the magic wand left in the drawer or some old photo they have seen. Truth

We took my kids to disney at close to the same age, and the next year we took them to the High Hampton Inn in Cashiers, the following year we asked if we ever went back to either which would they choose, and both said rthe High Hampton Inn.

No clue if this would be up your alley, but the best spring break trip I took with my family was to a dude ranch in the Texas hill country (cue steers/queers jokes). I was 12 or 13 at the time, my brother was 9 or 10. Horseback trail riding every day, sleeping in a log cabin, meals around a pit fire when they rang the triangle (including 6 am steak for breakfast every day), campfires every night... great memories, and completely different from the standard Disney World fair.
This sounds pretty awesome.

Back