• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Family Spring Break...

No clue if this would be up your alley, but the best spring break trip I took with my family was to a dude ranch in the Texas hill country (cue steers/queers jokes). I was 12 or 13 at the time, my brother was 9 or 10. Horseback trail riding every day, sleeping in a log cabin, meals around a pit fire when they rang the triangle (including 6 am steak for breakfast every day), campfires every night... great memories, and completely different from the standard Disney World fair.

Genius.

Don't get the Disney thing. Just awful.

Spring skiing is the best.

Don't get the Disney thing. Just awful.

Spring skiing is the best.

I hate Disney world. I did the obligatory trips with my kids when they were younger. It sucked and we actually scheduled well and the crowds were not that bad. What a money sucking, fake, plastic, crappy place. I even hit Disneyland out in CA on a business trip. It also sucked. I just don't get it.

Dude ranch idea sounds great. I don't know if it's been brought up but a Washington DC trip is also great for kids this age.

My most memorable spring breaks have been covered here (cruise, Disney, Bahamas, and Bermuda - and yes, I remember Disney from when I was little), but it sounds like those don't work for the OP.

Dude ranch idea sounds pretty cool and very different. California could be fun. Warm/beach in San Diego with a great zoo and/or Hollywood and LA stuff (we did something similar when my brothers and I were around that age). Or San Fran and Redwoods. I only just did redwoods a couple years ago and they are so cool...can imagine even cooler for a little kid.

Tell your wife to shut her pie hole and make you a sandwich while you handle the vacation planning.

Back