• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two SEALs Found Dead on the Alabama (Captain Phillip's Ship)

Vadtoy, before she was vadtoy, dated a Navy SEAL and became good friends with a group of them - she broke up with the guy she was dating, but she kept the friends. One of them was killed in the incident depicted in the Lone Survivor movie, another was one of the two from that story just posted. I met him several times, and his wife and my wife are still friends via Facebook, etc ... we even spent New Year's together in one of the first times vadtoy and I went out to anything together.

I don't know what demons you carry after 13+ years of nearly constant combat service, but I wouldn't wish them on anyone ... and I'm sure post-retirement staying on crappy, isolated ships just hoping to not be shot at by tin can pirates doesn't help whatever they are. Just a horrible story, and I feel terrible for his wife and family. Him dying overseas was probably something they always thought might happen (these guys were constantly being put into places where ordinary humans would last under 15 minutes), but not like this. And not this publicly - with the Daily Mail trawling Facebook to plaster his family all over the internet, etc ... just awful for them.

That's terribly sad Vad, what did you and your wife think of Lone Survivor?

That's terribly sad Vad, what did you and your wife think of Lone Survivor?

I'd say that vadtoys desire to watch a film which recreates the death of a good friend is pretty much 0 - so haven't seen it.

Vadtoy enlisted after high school and was serving in the special operations command (before going back to university, etc) , so she knows a lot of guys from that world. The dark story of the continual war the past decade is what it has done to many of them - they are the best fighting men in the history of the world, but humans can only take so much and these guys have been nearly constantly deployed. Sadly stories like the one that broke yesterday aren't uncommon.

I'd say that vadtoys desire to watch a film which recreates the death of a good friend is pretty much 0 - so haven't seen it.

Vadtoy enlisted after high school and was serving in the special operations command (before going back to university, etc) , so she knows a lot of guys from that world. The dark story of the continual war the past decade is what it has done to many of them - they are the best fighting men in the history of the world, but humans can only take so much and these guys have been nearly constantly deployed. Sadly stories like the one that broke yesterday aren't uncommon.

Live in Tampa?

Back