• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would Jeff Battle be a better coach?

He/She seems to know a ton of the stuff inside the basketball program, but isn't an AD spokesperson like many. He/She speaks the truth and is very critical at times.

I've gotten the feeling - pure conjecture - that BabyDeac has been around the program for a long time, but got particularly tight w/ it through Skip.

For example - he/she posted about Mrs. Wellman glaring down a fan chanting for RW's head at a recent game. This shows that

1) Baby is a local
2) Baby has awesome seats to home games
3) Baby knows who Mrs. Wellman is (and, IIRC, referred to her by her first name)

This is more fun than Clue!

Agreed that Babydeac is very close to the program, but I'm not sure she's more critical about the program than other insiders. Catu and Deman are also very critical at times, but they refuse to say anything on the free board. They generally think that the free board is the looney bin, and anything they say there will get twisted and abused by the monkeys.

Don't underestimate the number of old dudes that attend Wake Forest basketball games.

Agreed that Babydeac is very close to the program, but I'm not sure she's more critical about the program than other insiders. Catu and Deman are also very critical at times, but they refuse to say anything on the free board. They generally think that the free board is the looney bin, and anything they say there will get twisted and abused by the monkeys.

Catu is not an insider. Catu is a dude in Southern Virginia w/ a lot of free time on his hands.

I do not know who BabyDeac is. I wasn't saying it condescendingly like "oh you n00bs don't know anything". I really meant I have no idea who he is either.

BabyDeac will say very negative things about [Redacted], which the others you mentioned would never do because they have been brainwashed.

BabyDeac will say very negative things about [Redacted], which the others you mentioned would never do because they have been brainwashed.

He has had some pretty legit inside info too. I really want to know who it is, because I think they hold a position very close to the basketball team.

I was still Premium when Bzz got hired. Deman was FURIOUS, because he was totally in the dark about it - he was hinting us toward Billy Donovan, I believe.

Would love to know the story of what turned him from that into the AD's personal e-bouncer some 9 months later, but I doubt I ever will.

I was still Premium when Bzz got hired. Deman was FURIOUS, because he was totally in the dark about it - he was hinting us toward Billy Donovan, I believe.

Would love to know the story of what turned him from that into the AD's personal e-bouncer some 9 months later, but I doubt I ever will.

Yeah, this was quite an interesting development. He was really upset in that chat. His sensitivity about Bz now is quite curious.

Ditto on being premium when Deman was hinting at BD and then went berserk

Talk about going from manic to depressive

That is a very interesting transition that has taken place- no doubt

I've gotten the feeling - pure conjecture - that BabyDeac has been around the program for a long time, but got particularly tight w/ it through Skip.

For example - he/she posted about Mrs. Wellman glaring down a fan chanting for RW's head at a recent game. This shows that

1) Baby is a local
2) Baby has awesome seats to home games
3) Baby knows who Mrs. Wellman is (and, IIRC, referred to her by her first name)

This is more fun than Clue!

Baby will know who I am next year, then. Ron Wellman is on my "shit" list.

Unless Steve Shutt responds to my email! Still hope, Steve!

He's a primary source regarding recruiting, so I generally count that as "insider." Tomato-tomahto though.

Fair enough. I consider insiders close to the program itself, rather than getting to know certain recruits well. (Sometimes too well, amirite Washington Post?!)

hu_071223nfl_mayneevent1v.jpg

I honestly haven't seen Deman overwhelmingly defend Bz, except to run a /ban train on the free board recently. He genuinely thinks stuff like that affects recruiting (and I think he has first-hand knowledge to back it up), so he thinks he's doing a favor for MSD.

In Premium Game-Threads though, he constantly makes snide remarks about our team and its inability to do simple things like rebound.

That said, he also thinks [Redacted] deserves more time here and that this team needs far, far more than better coaching.

Fair enough. I consider insiders close to the program itself, rather than getting to know certain recruits well. (Sometimes too well, amirite Washington Post?!)

Lol. I forgot about that. He took quite the hiatus after that.

Back