• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would Jeff Battle be a better coach?

I honestly haven't seen Deman overwhelmingly defend Bz, except to run a /ban train on the free board recently. He genuinely thinks stuff like that affects recruiting (and I think he has first-hand knowledge to back it up), so he thinks he's doing a favor for MSD.

In Premium Game-Threads though, he constantly makes snide remarks about our team and its inability to do simple things like rebound.

That said, he also thinks [Redacted] deserves more time here and that this team needs far, far more than better coaching.

Agree about the snide remarks. He rarely posts anything positive in the game threads (which I know would be tough to do anyway, but at leas he keeps it somewhat real).

I mean I think that what is going on recently on Scout hurts recruiting too, but it's part of the territory of being a school that cares about athletics and plays in the ACC.

My favorite recent development was the discussion about how much we needed Montrezl Harrell and that we had a good shot at him since the summer.

He suddenly commits to VT and our insiders say he wasn't a good fit because he didn't show up at a meeting with [Redacted]. Then a thread about him gets locked on prem because we should only discuss players that are coming to Wake.

I mean I think that what is going on recently on Scout hurts recruiting too, but it's part of the territory of being a school that cares about athletics and plays in the ACC.

Blaming message boards for negatively affecting recruiting is such a cop-out. Show me a program's fan base that accepts a season like this past one.

CAUSE - sucking at basketball

EFFECT - what we do on the Interwebz

ALSO AN EFFECT - recruits telling Bzz LOL

My favorite recent development was the discussion about how much we needed Montrezl Harrell and that we had a good shot at him since the summer.

He suddenly commits to VT and our insiders say he wasn't a good fit because he didn't show up at a meeting with [Redacted]. Then a thread about him gets locked on prem because we should only discuss players that are coming to Wake.

Wow. They're even clamping down on Premium? Things are worse than even I thought.

I was thinking hard about this the other day.

Presumably, EVERY school that has the kind of season we've had would produce vitriol at unprecedented levels. At SEC schools, there would be death threats, and that's not hyperbole.

And given that ALL recruits read message boards, why doesn't this affect them?

I'd surmise that larger schools have multiple message boards. Independent message boards like these, and other such outlets on the interwebs for people to vent. Scout and Rivals boards remain somewhat civil, because they are moderated heavily.

The point of all this? There's a niche in the interwebs for boards like these. Recruits don't know about them, and people can go nuts. Win-win.

Wow. They're even clamping down on Premium? Things are worse than even I thought.

Yes and that was seriously the reason given. Because they didn't want a thread at the top of premium discussing a kid that wasn't coming to Wake.

Wait...

They lock threads on Premium as well?

Oh for fuck's sake.........
My resolve just got stronger.

Nah, the thread was open for like 2 weeks and had devolved into drivel. We had also had the Rountree and CMM commits that week. I think Deman was well-intentioned with that one, but I'm perpetually optimistic.

I had some role in that since Deman deleted my post, locked the thread and sent a ban warning, good stuff.

The exact quote

"I do not want a VT commit to be this high on our board topics anymore, let's talk about the kids we got, not the ones we don't. Therefore I am locking this thread"

The point of all this? There's a niche in the interwebs for boards like these. Recruits don't know about them, and people can go nuts. Win-win.

I've invited Rountree to these boards. Don't know if he is here yet, but we have had a couple back on fourths on twitter.

As I find out other recruit twitter accounts I'll invite them too.

Nah, the thread was open for like 2 weeks and had devolved into drivel. We had also had the Rountree and CMM commits that week. I think Deman was well-intentioned with that one, but I'm perpetually optimistic.

Some people just don't understand the negative effects of censorship. If you want something to die, you let it fizzle out. (See: blog from petulant lieutenant.) You don't take a hammer to a fly, bigger problems will ensue. Now, people can accuse Deman of being an AD shill, perhaps accurately or perhaps not - but the possibility lingers.

I wonder if he would ban me if I told you guys what I had posted that so offended him.

You are optimistic about a guy that suddenly got mod powers and within a single day started deleting/editing threads and removing posters?

Jesus, you're dumb. God bless you.

I've invited Rountree to these boards. Don't know if he is here yet, but we have had a couple back on fourths on twitter.

As I find out other recruit twitter accounts I'll invite them too.

Invite Ari! And his homeslices that be mad e-tuff yo

They also deleted a premium thread started by reg worrying about inside info getting on this site. A few people then mentioned that even bringing up this site would escalate the problem. I posted something about how I had heard rumors that you guys were starting another board, but had no idea it had actually come to fruition. I then said that I was surprised how easy the new board was to find on google. I woke up the next morning and the thread was deleted.

Back