• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would Jeff Battle be a better coach?

And not an older poster's name either. For awhile, I thought he was a trainer or something, then it became clear he was at least into his 50s.

Didn't realize he was anonymous to posters who are pretty inside the program.

He's older than you would think based on his handle.

I have an idea of who he might be, but I could be very wrong (note--> this is not what I am basing his age on, vice versa actually).

Last edited:
I was still Premium when Bzz got hired. Deman was FURIOUS, because he was totally in the dark about it - he was hinting us toward Billy Donovan, I believe.

Would love to know the story of what turned him from that into the AD's personal e-bouncer some 9 months later, but I doubt I ever will.

Just a guess but if he was furious only because he was in the dark, and therefore not furious like the rest of us because Bzzz was a shitty hire, it wouldn't be that hard to lure him back into the bossom with some lame gesture of appreciation. Hard to respect a guy who is so insecure he'd be upset for being in the dark about a basketball hire, rather than being upset about the shit sandwich Wellman served up on Wake Forest.

Are you BabyDeac, TBR???

Certainly not.

I point blank asked him who he was in a PM. He gave me some clues, but didn't tell me specifically. Between those clues and the nature of his posts (I am a massive BabyDeac fan, hope he gets over here), I have an idea.

Certainly not.

I point blank asked him who he was in a PM. He gave me some clues, but didn't tell me specifically. Between those clues and the nature of his posts (I am a massive BabyDeac fan, hope he gets over here), I have an idea.

If you have any kind of e-relationship, please follow up with him re: "over here." I think he'd have a lot to offer the community, and we'd give him the much desired, mythical title of "super-user." What more could a person want?

If you have any kind of e-relationship, please follow up with him re: "over here." I think he'd have a lot to offer the community, and we'd give him the much desired, mythical title of "super-user." What more could a person want?

Done.

Pay sites are a broken model. In today's world it is impossible to keep a lid on information for very long and why pay to just post when you can interact if you can't be appropriately critical.

I thought Jeff was offered the job when Skip died.

Also, I don't know what Deman must have been smoking, but it had to be good enough for Sir Richard Branson if he actually believed we had a shot a Billy Donovan. There's no shot in hell he would have ever left FL for Wake.

He might have been, but this was when his wife was very ill.

I don't think he didn't take it (or show more interest in it) due to a lack of ambition, but rather because he is a man who has proven over and over that he has his priorities in the right order and that this means his wife and son take precedence.

There is an inherent hypocrisy from the folks on the premium board. They expect us to give them inside info when we have it but wnat us to pay for theirs.

It's not like their information was really good.

What about football recruiting?

Not really sure, think Texas.

You are charging $10 a month for that?

I thought Jeff was offered the job when Skip died.

Also, I don't know what Deman must have been smoking, but it had to be good enough for Sir Richard Branson if he actually believed we had a shot a Billy Donovan. There's no shot in hell he would have ever left FL for Wake.

He might have been, but this was when his wife was very ill.

I don't think he didn't take it (or show more interest in it) due to a lack of ambition, but rather because he is a man who has proven over and over that he has his priorities in the right order and that this means his wife and son take precedence.

Pretty sure he was offered the job. He did not take it because of the time it would take away from his son right after his wife's passing. That is what the word on the street was anyways.

I knew that. I'm not sure Dino woud have stayed very ong had Jeff taken the job.

I knew that. I'm not sure Dino woud have stayed very ong had Jeff taken the job.

Agree. If I remember correctly, I think that Coach Battle wanted Coach Gaudio to get the job. Could be wrong there.

I thought the rumor was that Dino was actually looking to move to the NBA.

I personally think, (not sure if it was already mentioned) but make Battle the interim head coach while looking for a new one. Depending on how he does he can keep the job or stay on the staff or something.

Can he take BUZZ with him when he does?

Talking about before Prosser passed, not right now.

But [Redacted] did interview for a Timberwolves assistant position after a tough year at Colorado.

Back