• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Foxxy locksy

From her weekly email:

What’s Coming Up

Next week the House will consider legislation to ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, which is when research has shown unborn babies are capable of feeling pain. We will also consider legislation to reduce red-tape when approving natural gas pipelines.

If only carbon emissions caused abortion.

Latest email:
"The nation’s tax code is in desperate need of reform, but I wholeheartedly reject the notion that higher taxes for the employers and workers who drive our economy is the solution. Hardworking Americans pay enough in taxes, and they deserve better than failed class warfare gimmicks."

Latest email:
"The nation’s tax code is in desperate need of reform, but I wholeheartedly reject the notion that higher taxes for the employers and workers who drive our economy is the solution. Hardworking Americans pay enough in taxes, and they deserve better than failed class warfare gimmicks."

I would call loop-holes in the current tax code "gimmicks".

But that's just me.

Foxxy lady:

Repealing Obamacare

On Tuesday I voted in favor of legislation to repeal Obamacare in its entirety. The simple truth is that the president’s government takeover of our health care system has increased barriers to care, and North Carolinians are seeing some of the highest increases in insurance premiums as a direct result of Obamacare.

Republicans also released a plan to replace Obamacare with common-sense, patient-focused reforms that will decrease health care costs and increase access to affordable, first-rate care. In contrast with Obamacare’s government mandates, this proposal lets the American people make the health care choices that are right for their families.

Obamacare is causing real harm to our citizens and to our economy, and I will continue to support repealing this ill-conceived law and replacing it with policies that empower patients and promote access to affordable health care options.

Was this repeal try 57? What number are we on now?

She talking about the plan that the GOP itself doesn't even really endorse?

obama_skyrocket_gas.jpg

haha

She talking about the plan that the GOP itself doesn't even really endorse?

The one that stops requiring an inclusion of maternity care in health care coverages. That's the one. Despicable.

Pretty low even for Burr...

"Obamacare mandates maternity coverage in all of the plans sold on its state-level marketplaces, a provision that quickly became a sticking point among opponents to the health law. Critics have latched onto it as an example of why they believe unnecessarily generous benefits will drive up health costs, complaining that having children is a choice and not everyone will need maternity care. During one House hearing, GOP lawmakers sarcastically asked former Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius if she had ever heard of a man getting pregnant. Now, the Burr-Hatch-Upton plan addresses their concerns."

This reads like an Onion article.

ITT North Carolinians who voted for Republicans will act surprised that they do Republican stuff.

http://foxx.house.gov/news/email/show.aspx?ID=XDVP75FEZSENU5KURVT6VSD2JM

Foxx Report

This week the House passed a disapproval resolution seeking to stop the National Labor Relations Board from overturning years of precedent and dramatically altering long-standing policies governing union elections. The NLRB released the so-called “ambush election” rule in December 2014 and it is scheduled to take effect on April 14.

The rule constrains the rights of workers to make informed decisions, severely hampers employers’ rights to speak to their employees during union organizing campaigns and weakens the privacy rights of workers. It is just the latest in a series of outrageous actions seeking to jeopardize the relationship between workers and employers and upend a carefully crafted process for organizing elections that has existed for decades.

The Congressional Review Act of 1996 established a process through which Congress can overturn regulations issued by federal agencies by enacting a joint resolution of disapproval. The Senate passed the disapproval resolution on March 4 by a vote of 53-46. Of course, a disapproval resolution must be signed by the president before it could go into effect.

Reducing the Costs of Federal Construction Projects

On Thursday I introduced legislation to stretch the limited funds available to the Highway Trust Fund by exempting it from the Davis-Bacon Act’s outdated, wasteful labor requirements for federal-aid highway and public transportation projects.

The Davis-Bacon Act, which became law in 1931, requires federal contractors and subcontractors to pay the local prevailing wage for construction projects on which the federal government is a party. For decades, it has been driving up the cost of federal highway projects by mandating artificially high wages. According to a 2011 Joint Economic Committee report, Davis-Bacon-determined wages tended to inflate labor costs an average of 22 percent above market rates.

With Highway Trust Fund deficits expected to hit $157 billion by 2024, it’s time to exempt the fund from Davis-Bacon’s expensive and overly burdensome wage requirements.

Protecting Volunteer Firefighters from Obamacare

This week the House unanimously passed legislation to exempt volunteer firefighters and emergency personnel from being counted as full-time employees under Obamacare. Requiring volunteer companies to comply with the employer mandate would make them liable for excessive new health care costs, forcing many to reduce personnel or hours and possibly close their doors.

I will continue to support repealing the president’s ill-conceived government takeover of our health care system and replacing it with policies that empower patients and promote access to affordable health care options.

Protecting Medicare Beneficiaries

Legislation also passed the House this week that would require hospitals to notify Medicare beneficiaries of their admission status, which can determine coverage for future care related to their recovery. When the difference between being admitted as “inpatient” versus “under observation” could mean thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket expenses, hospitals should make sure seniors understand the financial implications of their status.

Improving Scientific Integrity at EPA

The House also passed legislation to hold the EPA's Science Advisory Board accountable when creating laws that will seriously impact families and small businesses around the country. The EPA Science Advisory Board Reform Act of 2015 strengthens public participation, improves and makes more transparent the process for selecting board members and expands additional transparency and reporting requirements. These changes will help ensure that the functions and reporting of the board are driven by scientific research, not partisan policy perspectives.

What’s Coming Up

Next week the House will consider the House Republican Budget for FY 2016 as well as a permanent fix to the Medicare Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR), also known as the “doc fix.”

Sincerely,

Pretty low even for Burr...

"Obamacare mandates maternity coverage in all of the plans sold on its state-level marketplaces, a provision that quickly became a sticking point among opponents to the health law. Critics have latched onto it as an example of why they believe unnecessarily generous benefits will drive up health costs, complaining that having children is a choice and not everyone will need maternity care. During one House hearing, GOP lawmakers sarcastically asked former Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius if she had ever heard of a man getting pregnant. Now, the Burr-Hatch-Upton plan addresses their concerns."

This reads like an Onion article.

I'm a dude that pays for maternity coverage and have for 20 years. I have coverage from my employer.

This from the pro-life party.

Back