• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Foxxy locksy

If she runs for office, she needs to be prepared for media types to poke holes in her story.

I do find it interesting (and both sides do it) the way that the editorial focuses on regulation being the issue rather than (as Deacon923 points out) the extravagant medical expenses. Something tells me that if we had no regulation whatsoever on the medicine her kids need and it was just a 100% "free" market, her family would be wholly unable to purchase the medicine. In her spot it seems like she would be in favor of single-payer if it didn't have a stigma attached to it.

I'm sure CHDeac could shed some light on that though. It's an interesting topic.

I do find it interesting (and both sides do it) the way that the editorial focuses on regulation being the issue rather than (as Deacon923 points out) the extravagant medical expenses. Something tells me that if we had no regulation whatsoever on the medicine her kids need and it was just a 100% "free" market, her family would be wholly unable to purchase the medicine. In her spot it seems like she would be in favor of single-payer if it didn't have a stigma attached to it.

I'm sure CHDeac could shed some light on that though. It's an interesting topic.

Her biggest issue is with the "If you like your plan you can keep your plan" lie that we were all fed.

Her biggest issue is with the "If you like your plan you can keep your plan" lie that we were all fed.

While that's certainly part of it, I feel relatively certain that even if that line had never been uttered that she would have written an op-ed on it anyways. She's bringing herself in to the right of Foxx, she probably has some multiple statements out there equating Obama with the anti-Christ.

Good God ! She's uglier than Virginia Foxx !

I'd vote for the cougar in this one over the MILNTF ! !! (mom i'd not like to fuck)

While that's certainly part of it, I feel relatively certain that even if that line had never been uttered that she would have written an op-ed on it anyways. She's bringing herself in to the right of Foxx, she probably has some multiple statements out there equating Obama with the anti-Christ.

Maybe, but I think she has a very unique perspective on it. Rather than shrieking about how the ACA kills jobs, she's got a very strong story about how it has driven her family into debt because the ACA deemed her existing plan just wasn't good enough.

Agree she's looney tunes on most other issues.

Yeah the issue I have is with all her other positions on issues it's hard to take her seriously even with a compelling backstory IMO. Not to mention various other comments people have had on here.

Maybe, but I think she has a very unique perspective on it. Rather than shrieking about how the ACA kills jobs, she's got a very strong story about how it has driven her family into debt because the ACA deemed her existing plan just wasn't good enough.

Agree she's looney tunes on most other issues.

She should show that it was specifically ACA and not other factors in the health care marketplace that brought the cost of treatment closer to the actual price.

Let the Import/Export Bank expire?

This stupid woman doesn't understand economics, does she?

Much of the economic turmoil that has gripped this nation is the result of the federal government spending beyond its means. In North Carolina, I often hear from constituents who are worried that our ballooning national debt threatens economic stability and jeopardizes the American dream for their families.

This week the House passed the conference report for the fiscal year 2016 budget blueprint. It is the first joint House-Senate budget in six years. This bicameral budget balances within 10 years without raising taxes and contains over $5 trillion in savings, putting our country on a path to pay off the overwhelming mound of debt we face and spurring economic growth and increasing opportunity.

http://foxx.house.gov/news/email/show.aspx?ID=XDVP75FEZSENVVOEQG637JVLVE

Latest Foxx Report:

H.R. 1806, the America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2015, would reauthorize a number of federal scientific research programs and ensure that taxpayer funds are targeted at basic research, not the Obama administration’s massive and unjustified climate change and green energy programs.

Today is the day, NC 5th.
Only other election on the ballot is NC Supreme Court.

Back