• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Foxxy locksy

Did my part, voted for Brannon again

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Virginia Foxx REP 17,083 68.01%
Pattie Curran REP 8,035 31.99%

Josh Brannon DEM 7,347 47.65%
Charlie Wallin DEM 4,147 26.90%
Jim Roberts DEM 3,925 25.46%

Is this Brannon's third go at Foxx?

Virginia Foxx REP 17,083 68.01%
Pattie Curran REP 8,035 31.99%

Josh Brannon DEM 7,347 47.65%
Charlie Wallin DEM 4,147 26.90%
Jim Roberts DEM 3,925 25.46%

Is this Brannon's third go at Foxx?

Its pretty telling that even with a contested primary, all the dem votes combined are less than the Foxx total.

Though I agree, we had less than 8% turnout in NC, and November can look a lot different.

Foxxy upset that Democrats attempted to stop the House from "carrying out the people's business." Solved problem by going on vacation.

The ole girl is lovin the new administration

Opposing Physician-Assisted Suicide

This week I co-sponsored a resolution of disapproval to overturn “The Death with Dignity Act of 2015” (Act 21-577), which legalizes physician-assisted suicide in the District of Columbia. While I would never wish to see someone suffer, I believe physician-assisted suicide has no place in our society. Life is a gift from God and should be cherished. There are also significant concerns that the definition of “terminal disease” in the legislation is too vague. Many conditions are terminal if left untreated, and I fear individuals who are under mental duress or other curable diseases may be pressured to end their life to save money or escape depression.

Im a big fan of work place wellness but this is absurd. I just cant see how this will pass.

It will pass and Trump will sign it. The question is whether the Supreme Court will overturn this gross destruction of the 4th Amendment.

Im a big fan of work place wellness but this is absurd. I just cant see how this will pass.

Meant to say how it will be legal. That being said, Senate very different from the House these days.

I still don't get your argument. It will be legal if they make it legal.

I think the courts will strike it down. Im a little dense with my typing today. This point aside, I've argued workplace wellness and employer sponsored insurance is pushing innovation and cost control mechanisms. The individual and gov't markets haven't shown this same innovation for host of reasons. So while this is bad, the broader context is pretty compelling.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...cle_ec4136ca-650a-5ecd-9963-f5fb91acf1d4.html

Employees who decline genetic testing could face penalties under proposed bill introduced by Rep. Virginia Foxx, R-N.C.

Wow, FU Virginia.

This seems unconstitutional and has the ability to really open up genetics as a reason for Health Care denials or rate increases. it is shameful for a person can be hindered because their family has a history of high cholesterol (or whatever).

Just because some hillbilly writes a bill and gets it passed by a team of hillbillies might make it the law temporarily, but that doesnt make it legal.

There is a reason the greedy corp employers havent done this already, its because of little things like the federal body of law known as HIPAA and other privacy rights stemming from the constitution and all sorts of other federal and state laws.

Uh yeah. Those are other laws. They can be changed.

Granted that I wouldnt put anything past the current admin, but you arent quite getting it.

HIPAA is a giant piece of well settled federal legislation. Its basis in the privacy rights stemming from the 4th amendment of the constitution are well established, and there's also the preemption clause.

One piece of redneck legislation from an increasingly redneck state is not going to undo all of that.

Paul Ryan can't even get enough votes to let insurance companies compete over state lines, something cheeto king wants, so the idea that one dumb law will undo all of that is not really credible.

Back