• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Foxxy locksy

You're arguing that they won't do it. I'm arguing that they can.

Yeah but who cares when it never passes or gets struck down. Just another example in a book of examples of dumbasses in congress being dumb.

In her latest email - GO DEACS!

ff5mqib.jpg

Flawed Fiduciary Rule on its Way Out

On Wednesday, the House Committee on Education and the Workforce approved H.R. 2823, the Affordable Retirement Advice for Savers Act.  According to a report by the Government Accountability Office, 29 percent of households with individuals over the age of 55 have no retirement savings or traditional pension.  By this account, far too many men and women are leaving the workforce without the financial security they need when they retire and H.R. 2823 addresses this problem.  

Last year, the Department of Labor issued a flawed fiduciary rule that disrupted the marketplace workers rely on for sound retirement advice.  The rule restricts access to affordable advice for low- and middle-income families, makes it harder for small businesses to offer employee retirement plans, and prohibits advice for basic services such as assistance in rolling over funds from a 401(k).  Unfortunately, many individuals are left with no other choice than to search for financial advice online.

Now more than ever, we need policies that make it easier for Americans to plan successfully for their retirement years. By overturning the Obama administration’s fiduciary rule, H.R. 2823 protects access to affordable retirement advice while requiring retirement advisors to serve the best interests of their clients.  This legislation enhances transparency and accountability through clear, simple, and relevant disclosure requirements that provide relief to both individuals and small business owners.  Access to high-quality, affordable retirement advice is essential for Americans to retire with dignity and financial security, and I will continue leading the fight for more financial choices and greater econ

The logic!

“For the last three decades, hardworking American taxpayers have been weighed down by an unfair, complicated, and burdensome tax code. With today’s passage of H.R. 1, that cumbersome tax code is now a thing of the past. Simply put, Congress made a promise to the American people to provide tax relief and we have delivered on that promise by reducing rates for individuals at all income levels and roughly doubling the standard deduction. The reduction in tax rates for businesses and job creators – whether big or small – will unleash more opportunities and bigger paychecks for employees.

With Christmas right around the corner, repeal of the Obamacare individual mandate will be a great gift for hardworking Americans. This will enable families to choose a health care plan that’s right for them, without fear of incurring a tax penalty. Shortly, the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act will be sent to the President’s desk for signature and the American people will begin the New Year with the assurance of more jobs and bigger paychecks.”

Whatever you old biddy

Special Foxx Report: January 20, 2018

As has been widely reported, the Senate Minority Leader, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), and his Senate Democratic colleagues forced a federal government shutdown that began this morning. I wanted to provide you with the statement I released early this morning on this important issue as an update as I continue to work with my colleagues to bring Senate Democrats back to the table to reopen the government.

“When Members of Congress are sworn in, we swear to uphold the Constitution and defend the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. This solemn oath is freely given by the men and women elected to serve in the United States Congress, and it is an oath that I take very seriously. Today, I was deeply saddened to witness Senator Schumer and Senate Democrats ignore that responsibility to engage in partisan posturing.

The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bipartisan measure to support our men and women in uniform, reauthorize health care for 9 million children in need, and keep the government open. Senator Schumer and his colleagues abandoned sound policymaking and forced the upheaval of a government shutdown in a partisan effort to advance their immigration priorities. Until Senator Schumer is willing to negotiate, our men and women in uniform will be unnecessarily constrained, our national security put in jeopardy and children will find critical health care at risk. I share in the American people’s frustration with Senator Schumer and I pray that he will join us in funding the government.”

This morning, I was also able to speak on the Schumer Shutdown. Please click the image below to view my speech.

Back