• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Foxxy locksy

dot com

Reaction score
Registered for the 5th this go-around:

5th District

Philip Doyle, Clemmons, Republican - 56ish yo, Lowe's Home Imp. Real Estate Mgr, Babcock School of Mgmt, TEA PARTY
+Virginia Foxx, Banner Elk, Republican - harpy, still not gone to tar pits

Joshua (Josh) Brannon, Vilas, Democrat - 36yo Software Developer, hipster, down with the 1%
Gardenia Henley, Winston-Salem, Democrat - 56yo retired inspector general, not played by Tyler Perry, separation of church/state
Michael W. Holleman, Wilkesboro, Democrat - EE from WCC, tech teacher @ North Wilkes, education & jobs
Will Stinson, Boonville, Democrat - not Barney, lives on Stinson road, lost race for NC 73rd handily in '12

Virginia_Foxx_Freddy_Krueger.jpg

She'll win. The Reff will be by soon for a ringing endorsement. I'm stunned she is getting primaried from the TP.

I hate this woman so much:

2014 House Budget Update

One of the concerns I often hear from folks in North Carolina is that the federal government spends too much. Many worry that our ballooning national debt threatens economic stability and jeopardizes the American dream for their families.

Republicans believe that individuals – not federal bureaucrats – are best positioned to determine how to spend their hard-earned paychecks. That is why we have passed fiscally responsible budgets every year since we regained the majority in 2011. This year’s budget is based on the same principles as previous years: cut spending, balance the budget and reform our complicated tax code to be fairer and simpler (without raising taxes). Our budget also removes many of the unnecessary onerous federal regulations that tie the hands of employers including a full repeal of Obamacare.

Washington can no longer kick the can down the road and ignore our crushing debt burden. That is why House Republicans have done the hard work of proposing long-overdue reforms to preserve and protect programs that serve our seniors and our nation’s poor. Unfortunately, the President’s reckless spending increases have strained the safety net to its breaking point and his budget proposal this year is more of the same: more taxes, more spending, more debt. Our proposal provides for a framework that puts people back to work and ensures that limited resources are targeted to those most in need. I was proud to join over 200 of my House colleagues in voting for this balanced budget resolution when it passed the House on April 10.

House Republicans continue working hard to reduce spending and eliminate the deficit; you can find more information about our work here. Additionally, you can examine the FY2015 budget proposal on the House Budget Committee’s website: www.budget.house.gov. You are also welcome to join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag #4jobs to express your opinion on the budget. Finally, if you are interested in receiving regular updates about my work in Washington, I encourage you to visit my website, foxx.house.gov and sign up for my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,
Virginia Foxx

Another charming newsletter:
House Addresses Rising Gas Prices

There is an old riddle that asks: “What goes up but never comes down?” This is a fun one to try on the younger generation; I know my grandson thought it was tough the first time I asked him. For most of my life, your age was the only answer to the riddle. Unfortunately, these days there’s another thing that just goes up and up: gas prices.

We have all been feeling the “pain at the pump” get steadily worse for more than five years. In January 2009, the average price of a gallon of gas was $1.85. As the summer months arrive five years later, we can expect to pay upwards of $3.80; an increase of nearly $2 per gallon!

Unlike many problems we face as a society, this is one in which government policy can make a big difference. The House of Representatives has prescribed a plan for American energy that cuts red tape, encourages domestic production, builds infrastructure, and creates jobs. During this session of Congress, the House has passed legislation to protect coal production, increase offshore drilling, develop domestic sources of strategic minerals, and approve the Keystone XL pipeline extension. Sadly these bills generally die a slow death in the Senate that accords far too much value to views of radical environmentalists.

The good news is that, despite the government standing in the way, the United States is still on a path to become the world's largest producer of oil and natural gas. My desire is to ensure the benefits of this energy boom help our hardworking families who could use a break when it’s time to fill up the tank. You may be interested in reviewing the work I am doing with the House Energy Action Team (HEAT) to achieve these goals by visiting our Facebook page at facebook.com/HouseEnergyActionTeam.

What would you do with an extra $1,100 dollars this summer? Take a trip with your family? Get ahead on the bills? According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, that is how much more it costs per year for the average household when gasoline goes up by a dollar per gallon. The laws of nature prevent our age from going down, but with the right policies, our gas prices can.
$1100? I'll spend barely a third of that this summer on gas, that pipeline sounds awesome, gonna drop gas to like 3c a gallon.

Another charming newsletter:

$1100? I'll spend barely a third of that this summer on gas, that pipeline sounds awesome, gonna drop gas to like 3c a gallon.

I'm glad the President had the right policies to bring gas prices down. :thumbsup:

Filing up for under $3 for the first time in a long time.

Thanks, Obama!

Mailing my absentee in today. Last NC election for a while I imagine, voted against OUR GIRL Foxx

http://www.salon.com/2012/04/16/a_huge_student_loan_scam/

According to Foxx, the new federal regulations threatened “innovation” in the educational sector. As reported by InsideHigherEducation, Foxx is on record as declaring that for-profit colleges do a “a better job of being mindful about efficiency and effectiveness than their nonprofit peers.” By, for example, flexibly providing online education when and where low-income working Americans want it, the for-profit free market delivers the kind of quality higher education that Americans so desperately need. The government should just stay out of their business.

The for-profit educational sector has been growing extraordinarily rapidly for the past decade: 12 percent of all post-secondary students are now enrolled in for-profit schools, up from 3 percent 10 years ago. But the main beneficiaries of the growth appear to be the shareholders and executives of the largest publicly traded for-profit schools, not the students.

In 2008, for-profit schools registered a a graduation rate of 22 percent. (Public and private non-profits registered 55 percent and 65 percent respectively.)
54 percent of the students who enrolled in 2008-2009 in 14 publicly traded for-profit schools had withdrawn without a degree by 2010.
The biggest player in the for-profit sector, the University of Phoenix, graduated only 9 percent of its B.A. candidates within six years.

Back