• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekend in Denver, CO

Crickets Cherry Creek for best burgers in Denver. Spin the wheel to see what toppings you get.

Just looked up the Beirhouse. Looks really cool. Weird thing though happened while I was looking at it. I realized its in Littleton. Which made me think of Columbine. Which started freaking me out.

So I was misnamed the place in Boulder. It was the Biergarten. Regardless of name it is a dope joint.

Last call on any Colorado advice.

Locked in for the Nuggets game on Wednesday night and Rioja on Friday night. Looks like a 50% chance of snow Thursday.

Anyone ever been out to RMNP in the early springtime? What should we expect?

Last call on any Colorado advice.

Locked in for the Nuggets game on Wednesday night and Rioja on Friday night. Looks like a 50% chance of snow Thursday.

Anyone ever been out to RMNP in the early springtime? What should we expect?

Check out Estes Park north of Boulder. It might be more negotiable than RMNP.

Drive the pass if you haven't, and stop at Idaho Springs on your way back to Denver. There is a absolutely fantastic BBQ joint there:

http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/smokinyards?url=http://www.smokinyards.com/#3042

Sweet. That's good to know. Any recs for a place to stop before the Nuggets game for good grub/drinks?

BUMP

Headed to Boulder for work July 21-22. My wife and I are going to fly in Fri the 18th and she'll hang till Sunday evening when she'll head home. Any recs on food or breweries? Should we do a day hike or try to backpack Saturday night? Any recs on SPOTS?

lol

just realized i BUMPED 2 threads. #donk

hook me w/ hotel recs too...

kk... this is the weekend. get in late fri so probs just hit up a brew bar that night. get up sat and go for a run, hit a dispensary, and then wander around town. defs going to avery. maybe do lunch at this biergarten place. hit up some other beer spots then dinn. sunday drive out to RMNP and drive trail ridge road and do a hike before driving back to den to take the wife to the airport. will probs hit up some breweries or biergarten or something sun/mon night. pretty pumped you guys. thanks for the reccos.

kk... this is the weekend. get in late fri so probs just hit up a brew bar that night. get up sat and go for a run, hit a dispensary, and then wander around town. defs going to avery. maybe do lunch at this biergarten place. hit up some other beer spots then dinn. sunday drive out to RMNP and drive trail ridge road and do a hike before driving back to den to take the wife to the airport. will probs hit up some breweries or biergarten or something sun/mon night. pretty pumped you guys. thanks for the reccos.

You should do lily mountain trail. It is a easy hike with absolutely breathtaking 360' views:

e6unetes.jpg

Also, try and hit the Biergarten for happy hour. The deals during that window are legit.

Last edited:
Had two great meals in Denver this weekend. Lunch at Acorn, run by the people who own Oak at Fourteenth in Boulder. It's in a really cool space called The Source Public Market, a refitted industrial space in RiNo with all sorts of local artisinal food vendors. Big wood oven that they grill a bunch of stuff in. Had the grilled pork belly salad and it was amazing. Also, some of the best fried pickles I've ever had.

Then had dinner at Potager in Capitol Hill. One of Denver's original farm to table restaurants. They had just introduced their fall menu, and we just ordered about five or six appetizer plates as our dinner. The goat cheese ravioli and grilled pear were especially delicious.

Took pictures of menus like a douche, but just in case anyone is curious.

eza7asam.jpg

yhy2abe9.jpg

Had two great meals in Denver this weekend. Lunch at Acorn, run by the people who own Oak at Fourteenth in Boulder. It's in a really cool space called The Source Public Market, a refitted industrial space in RiNo with all sorts of local artisinal food vendors. Big wood oven that they grill a bunch of stuff in. Had the grilled pork belly salad and it was amazing. Also, some of the best fried pickles I've ever had.

Then had dinner at Potager in Capitol Hill. One of Denver's original farm to table restaurants. They had just introduced their fall menu, and we just ordered about five or six appetizer plates as our dinner. The goat cheese ravioli and grilled pear were especially delicious.

Took pictures of menus like a douche, but just in case anyone is curious.

eza7asam.jpg

Please tell me you went to Crooked Stave, the brewery in the back left corner. That place makes some of the best sours I have ever had; they are going to be huge in the not too distant future. Acorn is absolutely fantastic. Their cocktails are redunk tasty.

Please tell me you went to Crooked Stave, the brewery in the back left corner. That place makes some of the best sours I have ever had; they are going to be huge in the not too distant future. Acorn is absolutely fantastic. Their cocktails are redunk tasty.

Walked in there, but didn't partake because we had limited time and were headed to Great Divide's tap room.

That place was so cool though. Very jealous that you can go there whenever you want.

Walked in there, but didn't partake because we had limited time and were headed to Great Divide's tap room.

That place was so cool though. Very jealous that you can go there whenever you want.

Yup it's wonderful. Denver/Colorado is the best.

Damn, would love to get a job in Denver and move there. Seems like the perfect place. Reading this thread confirms it.

LOVE Denver. Spend four summers doing shows in Boulder, and then did another show in a suburb where they put us up in LoDo. If I got a job offer there I'd move there in five minutes.

Back