• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekend in Denver, CO

landlocked, but close.

at some point i need to write-up my stay in boulder but work sucks and it's beautiful outside here in cali.

paging disc dude

how long is that lily hike? thinking of doing an after work hike one day this week.

I'm not sure about the lily hike but I was out that way for 10 days earlier this month (working/anniversary trip) and did the Cub Lake trail on the Estes Park side of the RMNP early one morning. It's a little short of 5 miles and I thought it was a great hike.

For what things?

Todos. My buddy and his fiancée just moved there. I'm visiting in 2 weeks. I've heard it's a fun neighborhood. Looking for anything special

It's in RiNo, but if you go to any dispensary I can't recommend Botanico highly enough. I've only been to four dispensaries but it blew the others away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drive up to frisco/breck. Denver is like Oklahoma City by the mountains. I live here, there is nothing special until you get out of Denver. If you have to stay in Denver then the Source is a good rec from someone earlier, great sours from crooked stave. Avoid 16th street mall.

Todos. My buddy and his fiancée just moved there. I'm visiting in 2 weeks. I've heard it's a fun neighborhood. Looking for anything special

We like Park Burger, Kaos Pizza, Uno Mas, and Pajama Baking Company. Platt Park Brewing company is a good place to get a beer. I haven't been yet, but Sushi Den generally gets the nod for best sushi in town, and I get the impression many consider it one of the best restaurants in town of any genre. The sister restaurant next door is called Izakaya Den and is also supposed to be good. The Pearl Street farmer's market is on Sunday's and is pretty fun too. Pearl Street Wine is solid - small, but very thoughtful selection.

I've only been here a couple of months, but I disagree with Gouda and think Denver is a pretty cool city (coming from Charleston).

Drive up to frisco/breck. Denver is like Oklahoma City by the mountains. I live here, there is nothing special until you get out of Denver. If you have to stay in Denver then the Source is a good rec from someone earlier, great sours from crooked stave. Avoid 16th street mall.

Eh disagree. If you want recommendations for a brewery tour let me know. I did mention the Source earlier and will always say do it. Crooked Stave is the best. You are South of Wash Park, so I would recommend strolling around there. TBH I am too poor for that part of Denver, so I do not know much by way of recommendations for down there. Overall, I would recommend dining, drinking and doping in Rino. The mountains are of course the best, but do not discount spending time in the Front Range. You could check out Boulder and Golden. If you go to Golden, go to Mountain Toad and have a Cream Ale. Thank me later.

Bump.

Going to Denver for the first time in March (and possibly another trip in June). I've already gotten a good list of activities, restaurants, breweries, etc. from a read through this thread and a few prior other Denver threads. But, I'd appreciate any new advice that anyone has.

Also, any hotel recommendations? Wife will be at the convention center Hyatt for a conference, but I am flying in on the last day of the conference. I'm trying to convince her that we can find a more interesting place to stay other than the Hyatt.

Bump.

Going to Denver for the first time in March (and possibly another trip in June). I've already gotten a good list of activities, restaurants, breweries, etc. from a read through this thread and a few prior other Denver threads. But, I'd appreciate any new advice that anyone has.

Also, any hotel recommendations? Wife will be at the convention center Hyatt for a conference, but I am flying in on the last day of the conference. I'm trying to convince her that we can find a more interesting place to stay other than the Hyatt.

Have you checked out airbnb?

Bump.

Brown Palace or Teatro, maybe?

Crawford Hotel in Union Station.

Back